Pre-Season Barcelona Test - 8th to 12th March

Rosberg seems to like the new revitalised Merc too:
1 	---- 	
2 1:27.078
3 1:22.709 -4.369
4 1:22.889 +0.18
5 1:23.736 +0.84

Kamui was stopped by a driveshaft problem.

Compared to the scintillating lap times put in by Sergio Perez over the last few days, the race simulation times weren't particularly inspiring from Kamui.

Well, no, the car wasn't built in Spain. It was designed in Italy (let's face it, that's just the Dallara again... whatever Geoff Willllllis claims), constructed in Austria, and assembled in Germany using an engine, electronics and gearbox made in the UK. All of which, last time I checked, are members of the European Union, as is Spain. So, what customs?
I was wondering about that.
confused.gif

So the conclusion to McLarens revolutionary design is:

The reason that no-one has ever done it before is because it doesn't work?

Fernando is finishing his simulation in the 1:26's and we haven't seen anybody actually doing that in any of the sims so far.

Kamui was stopped by a driveshaft problem.

Compared to the scintillating lap times put in by Sergio Perez over the last few days, the race simulation times weren't particularly inspiring from Kamui.
They looked very inconsistent, I'm not talking about slight inconsistencies either! I'm wondering whether they were experimenting with temperatures and slowing themselves down a bit to see how the tyres performed, because it almost quick lap, slow lap, quick lap, slow lap.

We should also mention that Sebastian Vettel has had a very poor day by Red Bull standards, completing just 47 laps so far. That's 80 less than Fernando!

Nick Heidfeld has missed his window of opportunity to complete a race distance with only an hour and 15 minutes to go till end of session... :thinking:

The team you can't mention any more have missed their window of opportunity to do sod anything at all, by the sound of it! :givemestrength::givemestrength::givemestrength:

Meanwhile Nico is enjoying a new lease of life:
1 	---- 	
2 1:27.078
3 1:22.709 -4.369
4 1:22.889 +0.18
5 1:23.736 +0.847
6 ----
7 1:23.736
8 1:22.495 -1.241
9 1:23.494 +0.999
10 ----
11 1:23.494
12 1:21.788 -1.706
13 ----

I don't want to alarm anyone because my maths is notoriously appalling. But we should entertain the possibility Fernando is a minute quicker than Felipe over a simulated race distance!

I think his talent was clear to see last year when he got pretty much every single Renault point and was the best driver from the teams outside of the 'Big 3'. In 2007 Kubica had a heavy shunt in Canada in the middle. But its obvious to see that Kubica has more raw talent. In referance to the top teams, Were Renault not a better team? They seem to be on the up again after the 2007-9 nightmare. But i wouldnt be suprised if Red Bull and Ferrari have him on their lists when Webber/Massa leave/retire

Back
Top Bottom