Ask The Apex

Good grief, just looked at his wiki page, thats pretty terrible, gotta laugh at 'Andrea de Crasheris'

surely not all of that can have been down to him crashing?!?!?!?!

Have any drivers ever scored maximum points in the championship? Including only choosing the best results. I know Ago didn't always compete in the final bike races as it was impossible for him to score any more points.

Alberto Ascari did it once 1952 - 36 out of an available 36
Jim Clark did it twice in the 1964 and 1965 seasons - 54 points out of 54 available.

Mchael Schumacher is highest points scorer of the possible points where all points scored are included: 144 out of a possible 170

Sorry, forgot to say that Schumi's 144 out of 170 was in 2002 (84.7%) and in 2004 he got 148 out of a possible 180 (82.2%).

Interestingly, in the league tables of percentage race finishes in the points to date (excluding competitors not making it into double figures for race entries) Lewis Hamilton (76.6% of entries) leads Michael Schumacher (73.6% of entries) followed by Nino Farina (73.5%), Fernando Alonso (70.9%) and Sebastian Vettel (69.4%).

[quote="Fenderman, Jim Clark did it twice in the 1964 and 1965 seasons - 54 points out of 54 available.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fenderman, I think it was actually 1963 and 1965.

Actually (trainspotting coat on) I've just realised Button in 2009 is the only exception ito a 60 year-old pattern: Every other WDC title in history won by an englishman was secured on an even year, while every title won by a scotsman was won on an odd year.
Maybe they just aren't compatible? :)

Actually (trainspotting coat on) I've just realised Button in 2009 is the only exception ito a 60 year-old pattern: Every other WDC title in history won by an englishman was secured on an even year, while every title won by a scotsman was won on an odd year.
Maybe they just aren't compatible? :)
Jenson Button was born in Edinburgh... Ok he wasn't but it would be cool if he was!

1983 season started with five different race winners Piquet, Watson, Prost, Tambay Rosberg, not sure if it was the last time it happened though.

2003 opened with four different winners: Australia - David Coulthard; Malaysia - Kimi Raikkonen; Brazil - Giancarlo Fisichella; San Marino - Michael Schumacher.

Back
Top Bottom