1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask The Apex

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Galahad, Aug 4, 2010.

1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    well possibly because didn't turn out that Marlboro were still subliminally sponsoring McLaren til 96 & Ferrari until 2010/2011?? because of that livery at McLaren & the barcode on the Ferrari I'm sure I heard a few unconfirmed rumours that Maurizio Arrivabene used to be a marketing executive for Philip Morris at Marlboro

1200px-Felipe_Massa_Ferrari_Bahrain_2010_GP.jpg

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. RasputinLives

RasputinLives He's the master of going faster Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Did you know the 1976 British Grand Prix was not shown live on TV due to the Surties team having Durex sponsorship on their cars?

4. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Titch All that came over a decade later though.

My original question was more to do with why the European GP in '85 was treated any differently juts because it was the european rather than the british GP. At a time when the ban on tobacco advertising was restricted to Britain and Germany why calling is the European GP somehow place it outside of british law? :thinking:

What was even more puzzling was that thaat team Lotus did withdraw their John Player logos whereas McLaren and Ligier displayed their full Marlboro and Giranes liveries.

Anyway, probably not the mos interesting topic around, just curious....

Titch likes this.
  5. sobriety

sobriety Podium Finisher

I thought they still were?

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro logo · F1 Fanatic

6. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I've always despised that logo combination, it fails on so many areas of design. Never crossed my mind that it had something to do with Marlboro, so it fails even more and I like it even less. Harrumph.

7. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    didn't realise that, but surely not as I remember the fia came down quite hard on Ferrari for trying to still take banned tobacco money

8. RasputinLives

RasputinLives He's the master of going faster Contributor

Featured Threads:
    ClickOn Motorsport appear to do a comedy drivers whatsapp thing after each race now.

Like so: LEAKED: F1 Driver's Post-Baku Whatsapp Chat - CLICKON Motorsport

Clip The Apex have had something similar called The Paper Chain that has run for a good few years.

Coincidence or have we had a visitor?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    Fenderman likes this.

Share This