Football All things Football

gutted at Beckenbauer passing, 1 of those legends of the game. & it has come out of the blue, thought he be around for years to come. espically for when germany host the euros in the summer. but i wasnt alive for his playing or management career but from clips you see & what players say about him.he was a guy ahead of his time so comfortable with the ball & almost invented the defensive midfield / holding role. what an achievement to win world cup as player & manager

Last edited:
Great goal and brilliant calm under pressure from Tommy. Another young lad who will he going places.

West Ham didn't like it up 'em.

Their sending off was correct but we got away with a couple. Cheers Ref.

klopp annoys me at times. but i have always loved his passion & he seems like a warnock, a manager you would love if your in charge, you can tell he loves the club. football management can be all consuming & good on him for priotising his health, but i guess he doesnt want what happened at dortmund again or what happen with hecky with us, that you have to sack a person you once absoultely loved

in age of news broken before it's broken. its very rare you get shocked by any breaking news now & that shows the respect & love Liverpool have for Klopp

Klopp gets the summer off. Southgate has a crack with England at the Euros and then Klopp takes over. Becomes England's greatest German as he leads England to world cup victory in 2026. Lovely.

FB that was a cracking episode of mythbusters & yeah i think gerrard has really struggled since rangers & if he wasnt so famous as a player. he would be sacked in saudi by now

cider_and_toast i would love klopp because i think its southgate is leaving after the euros. klopp wouldnt have to move, he could still play with alot of the english players at liverpool. & its less stressful with 5-8 games a season. but german national team have been desperate to get him for the few years

this is linked tonight but i don't want to talk about it i have sympathy with the prince, because i dont know who that takes over can compete because prince is trying to run football in how it should be but money is just mad now, i say if you divide most transfers by 3 you get there real value chelsea are asking 50m for the 3rd choice striker, plymouth wanted 15m for their player which i wouldve laughed at,

apparantly some clubs like everton are complaining that the FFP level is too low & it should be lifted to losing to 170m-200m over 3 yrs. im thinking the sad realisation of what owner can afford to lose 60m a year to survive in the premier league. also when the bubble bursts this could be itv digital on huge scale

Its the same as F1, you give the team that finishes last in the premier league (Southampton last year) 128.2 million pounds and people will rip you off when it comes to transfers.

That prize money is probably 5 times the total value of our squad (Bristol City). Its beyond stupid.

If you know that someone is desperate for something and they have a tenner in their pocket you'll charge them a tenner. If you know someone is desperate for something and they have a thousand pounds in their pocket you'll charge them a thousand pounds.

There are ways to break the mold. Luton have come back from the brink of death and are doing well. Leicester won the title with a squad built mailny by Nigel Pearson for next to nothing.

When clubs are being purchased by the sovereign wealth funds of entire countries it was always going to go to hell in a hand cart.

Today, the wife and I took the kids to see Bristol City Ladies v Aston Villa Ladies.. Villa WFC play their home games at Waslall's ground which is about a 15 minutes drive from where we live. The tickets for all 4 of us on a family deal cost 36 quid. After the match the City players came over to the away end posed for selfies, signed autographs and answered questions. I have to say I loved it. Money will eventually kill the women's game as well but until then, its great fun.

There's another mens side about 15 minutes away from where we live that play in the national league north and I'm going to watch them. It's a reminder that great football and a great day out doesn't have to cost a bloody fortune.

absolute madness at african cup of nations
Screenshot_20240207_185406_Messenger.jpg

todays game blades v brighton. actually turned into a great demonstration for why more transparency in VAR is a good thing. because it calmed down 20,000 angry fans. we were giving the ref such abuse. your a disgrace. its was a great challenge, which at time it genuinely did. then we saw the replay in the stadium & thought. " apologies you might have a point ref" :embarrassed: LOL

capitulation in the last 20 mins is deeply disappointing. but as soon as we went to 10 so early on. it was near impossible task against v very good Brighton team. but i thought we played as well as we could at 2-0 we looked threatening at points

At least Sheffield Utd are slightly better in most of their stats than that 07/08 Derby team. They're rubbish but not record setting rubbish.

They're still up for most goals conceded in the Premier League. Derby hold that title with 89 and Utd are currently on 72. If Utd concede at their current goals per game rate they could be on for conceding a staggering 101 goals.

Unbelievable Jeff.

it was so bad tonight it was funny, we knew it would be bad but that not bad, id not seen a defensive display as bad as that since southend in 2016. i didnt think it was possible to be this bad defensively & at 6 i thought it could be an "i was there" moment. for the biggest defeat in pl history. the only shock is 1-0 took 4 mins. arsenal already missed 2 big chances by then. we just couldn't handle their movement. at 3-0 it became being a neutral & i was 3 rows from watching quality players in person. at 5-0 its like watching your kids, you need to be there for moral support regardless how bad it is

but lot of questions need answering prince has had 2 summer premier league windows in sole control. have been disasters, the seeds were sown for this 12 months ago getting in such financial problems & we said in august but what happened to our defensive organisation over the summer. in April we were solid & in august you could walk through us with ease

but we had a lsense of uhmour

but on last night more i said it many times. we've got bigger problems than the finalincal side but the money from sky in recent years i feel has distorted the game i wouldnt say ruined. because in 2007 20m got you michael carrick 1 of the best english midfielders recently. but now with the ridiculous transfer figures championship players are going for 20m. Gibbs White was up to 40m if i remember. i worry for likes of ipswich, hull, west brom, coventry norwich, preston who are dreaming of premier league but i think they end up like us this unfortunately the reality of promotion now, because you look at us we eventually spent 80m, Burnley spent over 100m. weve both struggled.

This season could be the first time the three promoted teams are relegated and the three relegated teams are promoted. Only Ipswich are the outliers at the moment.

The trouble is for my club and many other teams in the championship who have never set foot in the hallowed ground of the Prem, is that you are going to be relegated with a sack full of cash and get your parachute payments that will unfairly sustain a far better squad than we can ever afford.

Like F1 and many other sports, the more money you pour in the more money will be spent. If you only have a tenner you can only spend a tenner.

This season could be the first time the three promoted teams are relegated and the three relegated teams are promoted. Only Ipswich are the outliers at the moment.

The trouble is for my club and many other teams in the championship who have never set foot in the hallowed ground of the Prem, is that you are going to be relegated with a sack full of cash and get your parachute payments that will unfairly sustain a far better squad than we can ever afford.

Like F1 and many other sports, the more money you pour in the more money will be spent. If you only have a tenner you can only spend a tenner.
i wonder if FFP has to go & bring in salary cap like F1 because Premier league heading the same way as F1 in 2018 when 1st 6 where in a different league to other 14 cars , i see what you mean with parachute payments because that does help, but outside of the 1st yr you get no lasting effects as its just survival because like we've seen with watford, huddersfield, norwich, swansea or west brom. because of the sheer amount you have to spend like today im seeing the gulf to even 14th, crystal palace want 50m for marc gheui. we will get 104m if we finish 19th. 100m if we finish 20th. we've already spent 109m on wages & transfer fees. that doesnt even account for all the debts you build up just to be in position to be promoted,

but this is good article on our troubles

Back
Top Bottom