2014 Car Launches

I dunno, I find it difficult to beat the green and blue 7Up Jordan of 1991.

EJ's last fling with colour co-ordination.

Blue & Green should never be seen - I sort of recall that from art school. It's true as well, except on the Jordan, where for some unknown reason, it worked beautifully.....

Blue & Green should never be seen - I sort of recall that from art school. It's true as well, except on the Jordan, where for some unknown reason, it worked beautifully.....

What? I never heard that one before. And i followed an art course in school.
It's like looking at the horizon and seeing the crass and the blue sky together and thinking "Those colors together just seem unnatural to me."

Off course, it might well be that i wasn't paying attention at that time. :)

Last edited:
Bushi as per usual with these sayings people only ever quote part of it the full saying is:

Blue and green should never be seen without a colour in between.

It is of Scottish origin used about clothing presumably tartans as a way of mixing in a third colour.

That's the one! Red & green are fine as far as I can see, but blue & green usually looks wrong!
Bushi as per usual with these sayings people only ever quote part of it the full saying is:

Blue and green should never be seen without a colour in between.

It is of Scottish origin used about clothing presumably tartans as a way of mixing in a third colour.

Well, I did say I SORT OF recall it. It was a long time ago, and it was art college (Yeovil). Oh, and I was asked to leave in the end!

Last edited:
I rest my slightly lightweight case:
gun__1329823770_green_kit.jpg

Well BAR did start of with two different liveries connected by a zip down the middle so it just may have been an improvement on that I'll grant you....

Yes I know why it happened BAR wanted to run a different livery on each car like they do in America to maximise advertising but the FIA told them to get stuffed...

Last edited:
Isn't the most usual type of colour blindness being unable to differentiate between red and green?

I remember being told off for wearing a green jumper with blue jeans. There was alos a TV presenter who wore a green coat with blue jeans that I saw recently ; she did look as though she was mismatched.

Launch dates so far

Redbull -
Ferrari - 23-25th exact date TBC
Mercedes - 28th Jerez
McLaren - 24th online
Lotus -
TorroRosso -
Williams -
Caterham - 28th Jerez
Force India -
Sauber -
Marrusia -