Football 2014-15 Season

Yes they have games in hand, but a bird in the hand is worth **** all if you don't win 'em...:ermmm:

Bristol City are top of the league, sing Bristol City are top of the League... :cheer:

Last edited:
Tonight's offering from League One, K.O. 19.45

bristol-city.png Bristol City v Crewe Alexandra crewe-alexandra.png

Other matches of note - Preston North End v Peterborough Utd, Doncaster Utd v Swindon Town, Oldham v MK Dons and Walsall v Sheffield Utd.

All eyes, however, are trained at Ashton Gate. :) Come on you redzzzzz! :cheer:

Ask and you receive.

That's a great result. 3 - 0 and puts city a huge 30 points ahead of 7th with only 27 to play for. Already guaranteed a play off place and it's only March. Keep up the good work Cotts. Carry us over the line with that first league trophy in 60 years.

:D

I'm sure you will all be devastated to know that Andy Awford has stepped down as Pompey manager. But great news, Harry Redknapp is being touted as a possible replacement.

Didn't he do really badly last time ??

Edit:

What am I thinking of? Of course he won the FA cup and did alright.

Last edited:
Old age FB. Forgot that.

Mind you, short term gain long term pain when it came to the FA Cup wasn't it.

Far better to finish runner up in 1910 then concentrate on the league for the next 105 years :D

Just after winning the FA Cup Harry was to be awarded the freedom of the City of Portsmouth and took the opportunity, a few days before hand, to announce he was leaving to go to Spurs. This was after he had managed the team previously and left to go to Scumhampton (not a move many Pompey fans found agreeable)

There then followed a series of managers and owners who took the team from the heights of another FA cup final (Avram Grant) to relegation to League 2 (Michael Appleton and Guy Whittingham) along with going in to administration twice.

The FA Cup win was the start of the decline as the bonuses the players got basically bankrupted the club and it was all downhill from there.

No. If Swindon & MK both win their game(s) in hand, they'd be on 79 points to City's 89. So, if City win this evening, with just 3 games left and 10 points the potential difference, they wouldn't have enough matches left... :)

Here's to a Bristol City win! COYR!!! :cheer:

Hang on a mo.

Swindon have played 40 and on 73 so if they win all 6 games, unlikely I know but they'd be on 92
MK Franchise have played 41 and on 76 so if they win all 5 games, they are on 92

If we win tonight we are on 92 as well.

Don't get me`wrong, I want us to go up asap :D

Just noticed this comment on a BCFC fans website;

Hard to believe it's almost the 30th anniversary of the horrific Valley Parade fire. Bradford were celebrating the old Third Division title that day.

Hang on a mo.

Swindon have played 40 and on 73 so if they win all 6 games, unlikely I know but they'd be on 92
MK Franchise have played 41 and on 76 so if they win all 5 games, they are on 92

If we win tonight we are on 92 as well.

Don't get me`wrong, I want us to go up asap :D
Unless you only get 3 points for a win?

Back
Top Bottom