2012 Season Preview

This is probably the best thread for this.
Exhaust blown diffusers are set to be completely banned from 2012.
The exhaust must exit behind the rear tyre and between the diffuser and beam wing.
Would this sort of thing be alright?
lotus25.jpg

Beautiful little car! It's like a four wheeled motorcycle. Oop's back on topic .. FIA should specify chromed exhausts. What a nice touch that was.

Bernie's proposed calendar: (from Autosport)
18 March Australian GP 25 March Malaysian GP 8 April Chinese GP 22 April Indian GP 13 May Spanish GP 27 May Monaco GP 10 June Canada GP 24 June European GP 8 July British GP 22 July German GP 29 July Hungarian GP 2 September Belgian GP 9 September Italian GP 23 September Singapore GP 7 October Japanese GP 14 October Korean GP 28 October Abu Dhabi GP 4 November Bahrain GP 18 November US GP 25 November Brazilian GP

18 March            Australian GP
25 March Malaysian GP
8 April Chinese GP
22 April Indian GP
13 May Spanish GP
27 May Monaco GP
10 June Canada GP
24 June European GP
8 July British GP
22 July German GP
29 July Hungarian GP
2 September Belgian GP
9 September Italian GP
23 September Singapore GP
7 October Japanese GP
14 October Korean GP
28 October Abu Dhabi GP
4 November Bahrain GP
18 November US GP
25 November Brazilian GP

So basically Bahrain comes back to the calendar but is given as much time as possible to recover and the US GP replaces Turkey. In terms of enjoyment it would have been better if Bahrain or Valencia had gone instead but money talks and Turkey isn't well supported.

Monaco, Valencia or Singapore......one has to go and to be honest they seem to be glamour shows. And Bahrain is a bit sad because it is challenging with heat and altitude, just politics I guess has intervened.

Heres a noval thought.....how about more than 20 grand prixs,...........way cool....less 2week breaks and what not.

:( NOT HAPPY THAT TURKEYS BEEN DROPPED QUITE >:( at this decision.

Quite agree....and Bernie was saying he would "do what he can" to keep it in the calender....probably raised the price up probably :whistle:

Too many F1 tracks coming the past decade...I am sure the calender will get past the "20" mark in a few years time.

Too many F1 tracks coming the past decade...I am sure the calender will get past the "20" mark in a few years time.

Definitely. With Sochi coming, and possibly a race in France - and S Africa's been mooted, and no race wants to leave the calendar. 22 - 23 races will come sooner rather than later. With more races, we get more races on the BBC LOL

I rather not have more races or F1 will lose it's appeal, just like football. Imagine watching 38 matches....I only watch the big football games that being, the big 4 playing or Champions League (which has become a farce aswell recently)

So the "casual viewer" that F1 are aiming for will lose their appeal if there are so many F1 races....

I can't see it going above 20.

All it will mean is there will be more competition for the places, which means Bernie can raise his prices. Again.

I can't see it going above 20.

All it will mean is there will be more competition for the places, which means Bernie can raise his prices. Again.
There will only be more competition if the sponsors will pay for it and the viewing figures are there..

remove turkey and make a completley new track in Spain where overtaking is actually possible
move bahrain and abu dhabi together and make india part of the asian leg

I've updated the OP with the revised dates. Quite a lot has changed since the 1st draft, the main ones been India in April and US in November will the weather have any significant affect on the changes?

Back
Top Bottom