Pre-Season 2012 New Car Images & Discussion

Okay it may a complete dumb & dumber question, but the hole in the body work just above the point of the vodafone swoosh, is that the exhaust outlet? if not what is it?

Okay it may a complete dumb & dumber question, but the hole in the body work just above the point of the vodafone swoosh, is that the exhaust outlet? if not what is it?

Yeah mean above the pointed end of the swoosh? The bit that sticks out directly below the M of Mercedes on the engine cover? That is the exhaust outlet.

So where are the exhaust outlets? LOL

Looks like the exhaust outlet surround is aerodynamically shaped to deflect the air stream from the rear tyres too and tyres are the greatest source of drag on an open wheel racing car as far as I am aware

Force India from Sky News
Screen Shot 2012-02-03 at 09.09.31.png
Screen Shot 2012-02-03 at 09.09.50.png
Screen Shot 2012-02-03 at 09.09.56.png
Screen Shot 2012-02-03 at 09.10.31.png

Well, if the challenge this year was who could build the ugliest car Force India are in the lead. Astonishing that, other than Mclaren, the basis for their nose design appears to have been a cut and past from the new regs. I can't believe that that step is aerodynamically efficient.

Interesting that everyone but Mclaren seems to have gone for the Platapuss look (looks best in Ferrari red but I'd rather it not be there) - does that mean Mclaren have found something others haven't or missed a trick? Guess we'll find out eventually.

Now that is two ugly cars released on the same day! What have McLaren done to get away without making their car look like soneones broken nose? And is it any advantage?

Back
Top Bottom