Pre-Season 2012 New Car Images & Discussion

It looks to me like they are blowing the exhaust under the rear wing to give more downforce which is where the controversy may come in...

mclaren_mp4-27_2012-3.jpg

I can't help feeling it will be better when actually touching the floor...

This thing will never see the track, lets see what they come up with at the First Test. Or better, Melbourne.

I see McLaren have the lost their Aigo sponsorship from the side of the monocoque, interesting because Aigo have been with the team for a few years now.

It looks to me like they are blowing the exhaust under the rear wing to give more downforce which is where the controversy may come in...

View attachment 3283

It looks like they are blowing the outer wing endplates which may reduce drag under acceleration? It does seem to be right on the limit of what is allowed: as far back and as far from the centre as the regs allow (as described by Scarbs).

http://cliptheapex.com/threads/2012...aust-positioning-and-blowing.3242/#post-93570

More than anything though, it looks nice and I'm so glad it doesn't have a Caterham nose!

I think that the driving position in the top photo is misleading, as there seems to be a perspective abberation with one of the cars. The bottom photo looks ok. That said, I have a feeling that things will be very different come March.

I think that the driving position in the top photo is misleading, as there seems to be a perspective abberation with one of the cars. The bottom photo looks ok. That said, I have a feeling that things will be very different come March.

Thats definitely a slightly different perspective, which muddies the picture a bit. The 2012 car looks nicer than the 2011, thats all I will say for now. Lets see what happens at the tests.

With all this talk of Autosport dropping an article from its website because of "McLaren controversy" I wasn't expecting to see something that looked, Well like the 2011 McLaren with normal sidepods.

Ah well, maybe its just me but the bigger the number on my age, the worse Autosport seems to get. Somebody teleport me back to 2000 please.

The McLaren looks quite nice, tho. Sort of missing the L pods though, something different in an era when most f1 cars look the same. Doesn't look too radical though to my untrained eyes. but its certainly getting my juices flowing now for 2012 season.

Back
Top Bottom