Grand Prix 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

So it all comes down to the final race. The prancing horse versus the charging bull. The passionate Catalan versus the efficient German. Red versus Blue. Enough of the clichés, Vettel has a 13 point lead over Alonso going in to the race between the lakes so only has to finish in front of the Spaniard to claim his third title in a row. All the pressure will be on Ferrari and Alonso to give the Spaniard his third title and they probably need something to go wrong at Red Bull to stand any chance of winning, if their pace in the USA was anything to go by.

After his victory in the USA Lewis Hamilton will be hoping to leave McLaren on a high note. Lotus, surely, would love a second victory in 2012 but as fast as the car is it can't compete with the top 3 teams. Felipe Massa is starting to regain some of his old form and will, without doubt, be required to ride shotgun to Alonso. Mark Webber will be looking to win again at Interlagos but I doubt Vettel will suffer similar "brake" problems as he had last year.

The constructors championship is all sown up with Red Bull champions again. McLaren could steal 2nd place from Ferrari but a stronger performance from Jenson Button is needed in Brazil. Last year he was 3rd, two McLaren men in the top 4 could win them a few extra millions from FOM.

The final factor to build in is the weather. Brazil is notorious for changeable weather conditions and a sprinkling of rain could turn things Alonso's way. So tune next Sunday for the final event of 2012, but before then feel free to express your opinions below and don't forget to check out the circuit write up.

http://cliptheapex.com/pages/autodromo-jose-carlos-pace-interlagos/

Thanks foe the edit teabagyokel . Much appreciated.

With regard to the apparent fragility of the McLaren, I think that's a stand out feature over the past few seasons. For some reason the Macca's always seem to get clobbered at just the right angle to take them out. It's probably just pure coincidence but it does make one wonder whether it's just luck or if there is an issue with the design of their suspension components and the compositesused in their construction. Witnessing yet again how the RBR survives must surely prompt Macca's engineers to took into it.:thinking:

The last race showed that, obviously they are completely different and we don't know how they would have done in 'each others' places but Vettel got clobbered twice by Senna and carried on while Hamilton was hit by Hulkenberg and was out on the spot

MCLS - there's been a lot of history with McLarens looking like Hamilton's last weekend - Obviously Button in Korea, then Hamilton in Monza 2010 - I'm sure there are other occasions, but the McLaren front suspension is a little suspect!

The McLaren in Monza got hit in one of the weakest points of an F1 car, same in Brazil too, the front suspension/tyres don't take that much impact to falter.

Yet more controversy.

The overtake on Kobayashi under yellows has been discounted as it was a red/yellow for a slippery track.
However, this video shows Vettel passing Vergne under yellows - Vergne slows (a lot!) for the yellows and Vettel passes him.

It's at 11:54 in the video with a an explanation from 10:00 onwards.

That is unequivocally an overtake under yellow flags.

It would seem "luck" really was with Vettel on Sunday.

I'm sure I see a green flag flashing ahead. Although I can't be sure as the video either keeps freezing or it's shitly made, I was downloading something, but stopped it, so the video should be fine.

...which is why I said poor race for Vettel. An offence overtaking under yellows and a crash due to an error of judgement. Thankfully for him, he didn't get penalised for the crash and benefited from the illegal overtakes.

It's not an overtake though. The Toro Rosso clearly gets off the throttle. (as you would expect) Although I'm not sure that matters to the letter of the law.....

I'm glad he wasn't penalized for that.

Vettel really did have the 'gods' on his shoulders on Sunday did he not? Goodness me, 99 times out of 100 that crash would have been a total race wrecker for the driver, but no, Vettel carries on like someone hadn't just driven over his wheel and broken his exhaust. How someone didn't tank into him either was another minor miracle as he faced the wrong way down the circuit. Plus he even avoided (not even investigated) a penalty over the incident Brogan just posted above.

Seriously, there's someone or something looking out for this guy. Some people just seem to have this...this :thinking: :dunno: ...I don't know what to call it!

Either Vettel or the Vergne should have been punished for that, to decide which you'd have to figure out how much Vergne lifted. I'm not sure what the letter of the law is but any sort of deviation from normal behaviour under yellows is really just as big a risk to safety as the overtake itself.

It's another incident that should have been investigated, although this one is marginal and I can see why it was missed. Vettel was a lucky boy but that's not to say he wasn't a deserving champion this year.

Um....? "Vergne clearly lifted" ... correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he in a line of traffic? Was he supposed to accelerate up to somebody's chuff in a waved yellow flag zone? Give me an effing break. The case was presented on that video in as crystal clear a fashion as I've seen anywhere. Knock it if one likes but that was a well thought out and put together piece, and as worthy as any other to be posted on Clip. Shame the guy isn't a member and able to have posted it here himself.

Edit: I contrast that with the shambles I made of my own post when I had Maldonado on the brain when faffing about with screenshots and PDF's to analyse the Vettel/Senna collision.:embarrassed:

Back
Top Bottom