• Vitantonio Luizzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d'Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You'd have to say every time Vettel seems to overtake someone he has always just pitted and come out in traffic, preying on slower cars with shot tyres... Just sayin'.

Im suprised Schumi seems to have gotten the result a bit. Ive gone for Button, but great drives however from both. Proberly would of won the race if he qualified better.

Im suprised Schumi seems to have gotten the result a bit. Ive gone for Button, but great drives however from both. Proberly would of won the race if he qualified better.

That's doubtful as he was struggling to make headway against Rosberg who had the hard tyres on, and he had a lot of fresh tyres starting at the back...

You'd have to say every time Vettel seems to overtake someone he has always just pitted and come out in traffic, preying on slower cars with shot tyres... Just sayin'.

My friend, the guy overtook leader Rosberg, leader Alonso. He over took Rosberg again ... On the outside of Blanchimont! Any idea how daunting that is?

He also over took Webber and Button. All of it lead to an unlikely victory. Even the BBC team and the Speed TV team thought Alonso or Button (Hamilton even) would win the race because of how that RB7 was blistering it's fronts.

Vettel was mighty and he's crushed everyone's hopes of even remotely challenging him in the Title...At Spa!

I heard Lewis' interview in a Speed TV ireplay. He's completely lost hope of any title challenge.

This was supposed to be a McLaren circuit...they were Bullish on the heels of two straight wins. This wasn't supposed to be a Red Bull circuit. Well, McLaren didn't win here...and it's because of mental driver errors.

Vettel's speed, intelligence and his uncompromising over-takes is making everyone throw in the towel now.

Awsome!

Alonso was on worn tyres as was Rosberg at the Blanchimont pass. His overtake on Rosberg at the start was good and notice in the press conference at how he said he didn't dare overtake at the chicane...

That was just a mighty performance from Vettel at the weekend!

Going into Spa, McLaren were in bullish mood on the heels of back-to-back wins whilst RBR were worried about the fast Sectors 1 and 3 and not having won a race since Valencia.

Then all the way through Friday into Q2, Webber looked like he had the measure of everyone following his contract announcement...and then Vettel out of the blue put in a crushing Pole lap.

All I know is that Vettel's second over-take of Rosberg's extremely fast Mercedes on the outside of the daunting Blanchimont was just breath-taking. It would have made Lewis applaud had Lewis been a neutral.

Vettel needed to over take leaders Rosberg and Alonso as well as Rosberg (for a second time), Webber and Button to win the race...and he did it.

So, he over-took ALL of the Big Guns (save Lewis).

The BBC team and the Speed TV team were ready to give the win to Alonso or even Button given RB7's punishing of the front tyres...but Vettel was having none of it. Hamilton could have won this race...but, in all good conscience, Hamilton has to take some responsibilty for his DNF.

Vettel was a Hare today. His job was to be fast no matter what happened to the tyres and let the chips fall where they may. He was so consistent and precise in his over-taking that he's basically made everyone throw in the towel in the Championship after this victory.

Awsome driver...and so mature for someone so young. I'm sure he's left Alonso and Hamilton stunned and shell-shocked.

Hamilton, especially, can learn something from Vettel about 'mind management'. No question.

Oh for sure Vettel, he's got Fernando and Lewis shell-shocked.

His maturity is that of a seasoned veteran. His intelligence knows no bounds.
His sensitive touch is reminiscent of the most skilled surgeons. His speed is surpassed only by the sound which carries his beautiful vocals across the airwaves to the delight of millions of fans who tune in to hear the gleeful gentleman celebrate his majestic tour through the Ardennes Forest

And I'll be damned if he doesn't have the shiniest pair of plums throughout the whole of Europe.

Tough decision today, considering it's over the whole weekend.

Those who finished well didn't necessarily qualify well.

I think it's going to have to be Vettel as he pulled out half a second on the final qualifying lap, qualified over a second ahead of his team mate, and went on to win the race when everyone was declaring that his blistered tyres would see him falling down the order.

Only had to read the first two comments to sum up my own thoughts, and had already voted before reading.
Schumi deserves a very honourable mention as his race was almost as good as Vettels while quali was not his fault.

For me its a toss up between Vettel, Button and Schumi today. All 3 gained from the safety car big time but can't overlook some great drives.

I nearly swayed to Button for that awesome overtake on Massa but I'm gonna have to give it Schumi - to come back from 24th and beat your team-mate, who lets face it didn't exactly have a bad race, is pretty awesome.

Vettel for me, didn't put a foot wrong all weekend, pulled a great quali lap out of the bag, didn't lose it when Rosberg got ahead, just waited for the right moment and controlled the race from then on

For the whole weekend I've got to go with Schumi. In practice he looked very fast in the wet conditions and had the upper hand on Rosberg. The incident that caused him to miss qualifying was completely not his fault and I think he could have snuck into the top 6 on the grid had this accident not happened. His brilliant start on the slower hard tyre - whilst avoiding the carnage in the midfield and back - set him up for a good day at the office and a series of good overtakes helped him to secure an unlikely 5th place ahead of his team mate.

Very good arguments for Vettel (for the same reasons I voted him in Hungary :)) and also for Button but Michael gets it for me.

Back
Top Bottom