Music Your top 20 all time music tracks

saw interesting thing on social media thought it could be interesting topic. so bumping this instead of making a new one
Screenshot_20190530-235202.jpg

XTC English Settlement
John Martyn Solid Air
Queen Shear Heart Attack
Frank Zappa Sheik Yerbouti
Beatles Abbey Road

Easy instinctive choices... Made because they are still on my playlist 30 years later.

Guns and Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Paul McCartney - Give My Regards to Broadstreet
Billy Joel - Greatest Hits Volume 1 and 2
The Alarm - Strength
Barenaked Ladies - Gordon

These are probably my 5 longest serving albums in my collection. I fad on others and it doesn't mean these are my absolute favourites as that list changes at any given moment but these have always been in the car, in the MP3 player or near to the stereo.

Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell
Garth Brooks - In Pieces
The Three Degrees - Greatest Hits
Queen - Greatest Hits
Top Gun Soundtrack

They would be my top 5 most listened to albums over the years I'd say.

for me im guessing
Ella Eyre - Feline
Taylor Swift - 1989
Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
Foo Fighters - Greatest Hits
Now thats what i call Christmas - if im being honest Christmas album probally must be on there. for amount we probally hear them every yr

yeah i am quite poppy person. which can get me a bit of stick with friends & colleagues at work. espically when taylor swift released new song last month :D but yes for me i think George ezra, Lady gaga, Queen, Foxes probally just missed out. but i went for what i can remember the most in the car

although just remember sigrid from norway new album sucker punch is potential future contender. so many great songs on there strangers, mine right now, sucker punch, or dont feel like crying

Probably:
Psychedelic Furs - Talk, Talk, Talk
Pink Floyd - Animals
Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door (yes, really, it's my guilty pleasure, all Plant & John Paul Jones)
Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables
Crass - The Feeding Of The 5000

All on vinyl, CDs are not albums.

Last edited:
An honest (and not very trendy) listing:

1. Ian and Sylvia: Early Morning Rain
2. Leadbelly: Blood Letters and Bad Men
3. John Prine: his first album (John Prine)

These are kind of the big three. They are the only albums I learned every song on. There is a lot of other albums from many genres I have listened to intently, but no others that I so completely absorbed.

I want to edit my list.

Remove The Three Degrees, and change it to Phil Collins - No Jacket Required.

Oh and I like Pretty In Pink too :thumbsup:

cider_and_toast My daughter is a huge BNL fan, she has all their albums so I've heard their stuff a lot as well.

Actually it's called Barenaked For The Holidays and my daughter has that. Their version of jingle bells is hilarious I will admit

That's the one.

I do have:

Gordon
Maybe you should drive
Born on a pirate ship
Rock Spectacle
Stunt
Maroon
Everything to Everyone
Barenaked Ladies are Men
Barenaked Ladies are Me
Snacktime
All in good time
Grinning Streak
Silverball
Ladies and Gentlemen: Barenaked Ladies and the Persuasions
Fake Nudes

Disc One - the greatest hits
Stop us if you've heard this one before - B sides and rarities etc.

Yeah she has all those plus BNL Rocks Red Rocks, so she said. That is a good one to bake to apparently, it's a live album I'm informed. Plus Hits From Yesterday And The Day Before which is another greatest hits albums.

Mind you she has a lot of Cheap Trick albums too, it's somewhat disconcerting when you see your daughter wearing a top with Cheap Trick written across her chest :rolleyes:

Didn't bother with Yesterday and Today or Red Rocks as they don't really have anything new. Plus, there is no way they will top Rock Spectacle in terms of quality live albums.

Seen them live 3 times so far and understand they have just started work on a new album and another tour to follow.

Happy days.

possibly (but will probably change)

Excitable Boy - Warren Zevon
But Seriously - Phil Collins
Power Of Ten - Chris de Burgh (seriously!)
Catch Bull At Four - Cat Stevens
The Royal Scam - Steely Dan

Back
Top Bottom