Poll will you still be watching F1 next year?

Will you continue to watch F1 from 2019 onwards?

• Total voters

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
From 2019 in the UK sky have exclusive rights for the next 6 years. No more free to air terrestrial tv coverage.

So my question is, will you still be watching? The racing has in the last few years undoubtedly become less exciting. We used to get the occasional dull race race amongst the exciting ones. Now it is mostly dull races with the rare good race.

Frankly my interest in F1 is failing. I'm not sure I'm still going to be around next year to watch. Which is saying a lot. I've watched F1 for 33 years.

I hope they can do something to turn the sport around. I also hope Liberty media can step in and breakup the sky deal so the UK at least get the option of the online TV like the rest of the world.

I won't hold my breath on that.

Last edited:
I am not going to pay to watch it, unless significant improvements are likely. I am finding this season dull, with no real interest for me from a driver or team perspective.

At the moment, it is looking like it may well be the final straw for me.

I will still be watching via satellite on RTL (yes, it is perfectly legal). My initial cost was lower that Sky for one year and running costs are low. There are adverts but I can live with that as I still have the BBC Sports radio and the F1 timing page.

I just hope that there is some racing.

yes but only because I'm lucky enough to have sky sports. although i have been big on the fact that 21 races should be on free tv & because i believe F1 is on the right road, that like supporting a football club, i live in hope that it will get better. hope 2019 regulations where the dirty air problem is finally beginning to get tackled. we can get some good racing because F2 proves what is possible on the same track on the same weekends

I initially voted no as the chances are I won't be able to watch it, but I changed it to undecided as I don't know if there is any chance of seeing it. I don't have sky and I can't afford to pay for it just to watch F1. If there is some chance of highlights being shown I guess I'll watch that. If not, they did say they'd show the British gp live on free to air tv, so I might get one race a year :rolleyes:

I've missed exactly 3 races since I started to watch it seriously in 1995, I'd been a part time/casual viewer before that for a while. So yeah losing it will be hard, but on the upside if Liberty Media keep on changing it in ways I don't like, maybe I won't care so much anyway.

Yes, I will be there in full "F1 zombie" mode. Griping about the poor racing, moaning about the lack of personality of the drivers, bitching about the silly aero developments and loving every silly, pointless moment.

Definitely be watching. I accept the costs because on one hand I want to watch it, on the other hand I already pay for Sky Sports. Besides I don't have the inclination or energy to organise a 5,000+ strong bloc of F1 supporters to object, start a campaign and stop paying Sky for the privilege – which I'm guessing is the only way to really do anything about it.

The racing quality ebbs and flows over time. I think it's better now than the Schumacher years, and I think it'll improve over the next few years too.

No. It’s BT or Sky and the Champions League with the bonus of Premiership rugby. Maybe a few years ago, but it’s just too dull too often.

I’m hopeful that the rule changes 2019 will bring about some change and a major improvement to the racing.

Simply put, and I wholeheartedly concur, although I’d accept a minor improvement.

Hello and welcome Clay.

No...
A shame because I've been watching since 1980; but less and less these past two or three years. I don't like the loss of close racing and unreliability.

There is nothing on offer to justify paying Sky and I'm too old to be optimistic for the future: years of dashed hopes.

Like FB I am an F1 Zombie and will continue to watch. I justify my Sky subscription by the enjoyment I take from F2 and GP3!

Watched it since '91 and will continue to, especially if the changes improve the show. I justify my Sky subscription by the enjoyment I take by not getting grief off the Missus if I were to cancel it.

I'll still watch but I won't watch all the races in full - and if I'm on holiday I probably won't bother at all.

I'll watch it, but perhaps just as a casual browser, because it comes with my Sky HD package.
I'm a big fan of Sky and I think I get my money's worth.
I would add, though, that F1 has become shit to watch when aired live.
When somebody sensible puts a decent WEC show on with 30 mins preamble, maybe 2 hours detailed highlights then 15 minutes sum up I'll be on it like The Pits on an unattended pushbike and F1 will be dead to me,

I always do. Sometimes my interest is more in the off-track action and the politics than in the on-track action. F1 remains entertaining even when the racing sucks.

They have switch to Sky for the U.S. (ESPN) broadcast. It is not bad (the graphics are great) but not near as good as the coverage that we used to have with David Hobbs, Steve Matchett and Will Buxton.

Back
Top Bottom