Will Hamilton lose his "win a race every season" record?

Will Hamilton win a race this season?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
Is Hamilton going to lose his record of winning a race in every season?

Or will the rule changes to catch the cheating teams work in Mercedes favour?

I'm going for yes.

At the start of the season, I'd have said it was a no-brainer that he was going to lose the record, but as the season has gone on he has got closer and closer to the front.

I'd expect the changes in Spa to level things up a little, and I'd also expect Mercedes to be throwing everything at the season - I wouldn't be surprised to see Hamilton win at a circuit like Singapore

I think he will win a race but its most likely going to need a bit of luck to do it.
I think you're probably right... Mercedes in 2022 is a bit like Renault in 2008... Not really looking like race winners, but if the cards fell in the right way (much like Ocon in Hungary 2021), then they could win a race...

Even McLaren won a race (on pace) last year...

im sure its a record he is desperate to keep. because its highly impressive as it proves multiple things. that he hit the ground running & has figured out every type of car that he has had to drive

im conflicted i cant have confidence either way, im leaning yes because after all he won in far worse cars. 2009 when he was knocked in Q1 & 2013 when he was lapped. & until imola 2022 it was the last time he saw the chequered flag outside the points. & but for ocon engine blowing up, quicker tyre warm up he wouldve have won the British GP

so i cant see how he doesnt get at least 1 chance. Mercedes being the opposite of Ferrari. when they get a chance they usually take it

Yes, what?, he will lose his record or or the rule changes will help him keep it:dunno:
its hardly going from midfield to domination. they couldve won in British GP, Russell was on pole in Hungary & been on the podium of 7 of last 8 races. the pace is there since theyve lumped downforce on the car. so they could raise ride height up for same results

Off course the dickhead detractors will say Mercedes bent over the FIA to change rules
What's that, you don't think the rules changes were to make Mercedes competitive? ;)

If i'm honest, what I really want at Spa is for the entire order to be shaken up...

• Red Bull and Ferrari were pushing the allowable boundaries with flexi floors
  • Mercedes will suddenly find their car starts porpoising again.
  • Williams will come to the front, and Latifi will win the race! :D

What's that, you don't think the rules changes were to make Mercedes competitive? ;)

If i'm honest, what I really want at Spa is for the entire order to be shaken up...

• Red Bull and Ferrari were pushing the allowable boundaries with flexi floors
  • Mercedes will suddenly find their car starts porpoising again.
  • Williams will come to the front, and Latifi will win the race! :D
Anything to see Red Bull cry will make my weekend especially after last years debacle

Back
Top Bottom