Poll Will Ferrari Win A Race This Season?

Will Ferrari Win a Race in 2019?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RasputinLives

No passing through my dirty air please
Contributor
It would have been completely unthinkable in March of this year that Ferrari would be without a race victory in 2019, but that is the situation they find themselves in. They've come close, LeClerc in both Bahrain and Austria and Vettel in Canada, but always seem to self-destruct. Now they appear to be moving backwards down the field and at Hungary were nearly a lap down on the top two. Red Bull seem to be on the rise and move past them with Max Verstappen even having an outside chance to be in a title fight with Hamilton - more so than Vettel and LeClerc anyways. So has their chance at the top step gone?

Sebastian Vettel has had a Grand Prix win in every season since 2008 apart from one. That season was his last season with Red Bull where be was paired with a young rookie who had been part of the teams youth programme, sound familiar? Vettel has hardly been setting things alight this season but a great drive in Germany and a pretty good late charge in Hungary shows there is life in him yet. Meanwhile the young gun LeClerc seems to have all the speed and none of the luck. Is he the new Jean Alesi? Ferrari loved him too.

Car wise all the ingredients seem to be there but somehow it doesn't produce the lap times. Ferrari need it hot to get the speed from the tyres so you'd think Singapore would be good for then, however the car is built for straight down speed and low downforce meaning they'll struggle there. They could be ideally set up for Monza but the pressure there never serves the team well.

So a winless season for the prancing horse? You decide. Would be an absolute disaster for the team if it it is.

Oooh good question. I think they'll manage it somewhere - perhaps Singapore. Vettel is lightning around there and could nick pole.

This year's Ferrari has been on its worst at twisty circuits though so I don't have belief for that. Spa, Monza and Suzuka are better options but Ferrari won't be favourite there I say.

im going to say yes, because they should've won 3 maybe 4 this season but for different reasons. reliability in bahrain, wrong side of new interpretion, stunning drive from max in Austria, leclerc crash & Vettel unreliability in germany. if they dont win at Belgium or Monza then ill say no.

but would a victory in monza & 2nd in constructors make it a good season. like british driver winning the british gp

Oooh good question. I think they'll manage it somewhere - perhaps Singapore. Vettel is lightning around there and could nick pole.

What he says, that was exactly the race I was thinking of as the most likely! Two minds and all that......

I'm with Bleu if Hungary is anything to go by they'll be miles behind in Singapore. Japan is a good shout. Title battle might be over by then so Merc might not care as much.

Now with the third best car on the grid they are going to have to wait for Max or Lewis to both have problems and then Valterri has to be having "one of his days" so I've voted no. I think a Pierre Gasly win is more likely than Ferrari.

Sheesh, I'm trying to work out how many cars would have to drop out for Piere Gasly to win a race, it's quite a few, we're probably talking Indy 2005 levels!!

Now with the third best car on the grid they are going to have to wait for Max or Lewis to both have problems and then Valterri has to be having "one of his days" so I've voted no. I think a Pierre Gasly win is more likely than Ferrari.

A Piere Gasly win would be a hell of a race.

can't wait to see for 1st corner pile up that give gasly victory opportunity

Ok so Hamilton and Verstappen take each other out at first corner. Bottas runs over wreckage and does a double puncture, tries to take it back round to puts and rips his car apart. LeClerc and Vettel make contact battle for lead on lap 25 and blame each other. LeClerc is out and Vettel is at the back of the field. Lando Norris tried an undercut to get the win from Carlos Sainz but gets stuck behind a racing point. McLaren botch Sainz pitstop. Gasly leads with 10 laps to go with Kimi and Danny Ric bearing down on him. Gasly powers it over the line propelled by the gas he's admitting from his rear end out of fear of screwing it up

Their car is awful on a circuit with slow medium speed corners. Monza is 6 corners with 3 long straights so they have a chance there and Spa as well. It would be inconceivable they don't win a race this season.

More importantly will Vettel win a race ?

Ok so Hamilton and Verstappen take each other out at first corner. Bottas runs over wreckage and does a double puncture, tries to take it back round to puts and rips his car apart. LeClerc and Vettel make contact battle for lead on lap 25 and blame each other. LeClerc is out and Vettel is at the back of the field. Lando Norris tried an undercut to get the win from Carlos Sainz but gets stuck behind a racing point. McLaren botch Sainz pitstop. Gasly leads with 10 laps to go with Kimi and Danny Ric bearing down on him. Gasly powers it over the line propelled by the gas he's admitting from his rear end out of fear of screwing it up

Even this is more likely than a Ferrari victory!

Back
Top Bottom