Who's going to win?

Who's going to win the WDC?

• Total voters

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
2 races left, 5 drivers who can mathematically still win the title. A chance for you to vote on who's going to win it.

If you feel like it, you can explain your reasons why.

The head says now that Alonso is in front, he has the experience to bring it home, but my heart wants Webber to win, just to stick 2-fingers back up at the Red Bull hierarchy (sp?).

Vettel has probably been the only one to be fast at each and every race, but his moments of recklessness mean he has a bit to learn still.

The McLarens just don't have the pace or it seems the luck.

So to sum up, I don't know, but it's realistically between MW and FA only.

What Muddytalker said, basically.

I think anyone who is more than a race win behind the leader is pretty much out of the running, unless he's lucky and Alonso is forced to retire. Which leaves it down to Alonso or Webber. Webber really needs the support of his team mate now, but we know there's no chance of that happening, so on that note (and it pains me to say it), my vote goes to Alonso.

I hate to say it but its going to be Vettel. A single non finish from Alonso will leave it wide open for Red Bull to engineer 2 race victories for the young German. I'm hoping for a total failure of the Ferrari and both of the Red Bulls so the McLaren boys can sneak in at the end and take home the prize but I can't see that happening 2 races in a row.

:dunno: I just don't know. I know I laughed out loud when Alonso told me on TV he was going to win the championship back in July at Silverstone...

Its still anyone's I think, obviously the two up top have the numbers advantage, but I suspect RBR will do anything and everything they can to screw it up for themselves, and Ferrari may well have engine issues these last couple of races. McLaren can't win without circumstances going against the other two teams, so ill just wait for the championship to 'come to' them...

I can forsee a left bank failure on Vettel's Renault as he pushes too hard 20 laps into the race...

I can forsee a Mercedes giving way too... probably "equipment punisher" Lewis...

And (unfortunately) Alonso leading Webber to the flag after RBR completely muff up his pitstop :dunno: and lose the 5 second advantage that Mark had painstakingly built over the previous 18 laps...

I can see Alonso having an engine failure, Webber taking himself out and damaging Hamilton's car and Vettel screwing up qualifying and starting 7th and therefore either staying there or taking soemone else out with him as he tries to overtake.

Jenson brings it home first with Massa second and Kubica third. Hamilton recovers to 4th..

Well, while we all have our crystal balls out, may as well have a go at predictions.. ;)

I've got to agree with TBY.

The wind is with Alonso at the moment and you can just tell that RBR will drop the ball going into the final two races.

Interlagos, Sunday 7 November 2010:

Pincer movement off the start line by the Red Bulls on Alonso; Vettel from the left pushing Fernando into the wall, Webber from the rear. The bulletproof Ferrari survives, but Fernando has to pit to get his front wing replaced and Vettel's nosecone removed from his sidepod. Webber does a 360 degree backflip, landing in the gravel on all four wheels which proceed to come off. Both Red Bulls retire. Vettel trudges off muttering, pointing his finger at his temple and rotating it in a curious gesture.

Hamilton (who had qualified behind his teammate having been baulked by Schumacher in Q3) passes Button round the outside at turn 5 to take the lead which he holds to the flag, even after a scare half way through the race when he runs wide, but keeps momentum through the gravel trap and just avoids the tyre barrier.

Alsonso fights back to second, eventually passing his teammate who suddenly seems to slow mysteriously at the end of the back straight. Two laps later the championship leader's engine explodes in a cloud of white smoke, forcing him into retirement. Unable to spot any fire marshals, the quick-thinking Spaniard manages to extinguish the inferno by singlehandedly pushing the stricken Ferrrari into the balancing lake between turns 11 and 12.

Button, struggling round in third ("There was just no grip out there; couldn't get any heat into my tyres!") is passed late in the race by the now charging Brazilian, but manages to hold off the two Mercs to secure a fighting third place finish.

Massa is cock-a-hoop as he gets his second podium in a row, and over the radio is heard to say, "Not bad for a number two driver". In the post-race press conference he says "Well Luca, I've done my bit; it's a pity my teammate didn't back me up."

Hamilton now leads the standings by four points from Alonso, with Webber in third. Alonso, Vettel and Webber are all investigated after the race and given 10 place grid penalties for Abu Dhabi, where Mclaren go on take a one-two to secure the Driver's championship for Hamilton and the Constructors' championship for the team.

Well, one can dream, can't one?

it'll be alosno, his engine robably will hold up, the one he will be using only has done spa. He has the momentum and experience to take this, and rbr's "no team orderrs" will come back to haunt them.

I genuinely believe that Hamilton will win the Championship, its been a strange year and there is still strange events to come. The Ferraris are definitely not bulletproof and throw the likes of Kubica and Rosberg into the keg and there is an explosion and all it requires is one loose wheel from Alonso and he's 3/4th in the championship going into Abu Dhabi.

McLarenSupremo said:
I genuinely believe that Hamilton will win the Championship, its been a strange year and there is still strange events to come. The Ferraris are definitely not bulletproof and throw the likes of Kubica and Rosberg into the keg and there is an explosion and all it requires is one loose wheel from Alonso and he's 3/4th in the championship going into Abu Dhabi.

I'd love to share your optimism but the realist in me says that to be hoping for incidents/retirements is wishful thinking, I know anything could happen with regards to engines, I just don't think it will.

Stranger thinks have happened (2007) for all we know, Alonso and Webber could be taken out at turn 1 in Brazil, but then so could Hamilton, whatever happens, i don't think we will be crowning a champion on Sunday

McLarenSupremo said:
Stranger thinks have happened (2007) for all we know, Alonso and Webber could be taken out at turn 1 in Brazil, but then so could Hamilton, whatever happens, i don't think we will be crowning a champion on Sunday

I've mentioned this before, but 2007 was a different proposition. Kimi didn't have a teammate to beat, only an isolated, self-defeated Alonso who was just 5 points (12 points in 2010 money) ahead of him, and Lewis supported by a team seemingly so desparate to see him win the title they forgot the basics; At the moment Lewis and JB have to beat each other, and then 3 other guys, who all have faster cars.

McLarenSupremo said:

I don't know, it is quite concievable for a Red Bull screw up to occur (again). Remember, repeats of the results from Bahrain, Germany, Italy and Korea would see a coronation on Sunday.

file.php

Here, from another thread is the table of possible points after the Brazilian GP, note the yellow zone is who would be eliminated should Alonso win.

Back
Top Bottom