Who did beat Whom - 2010 Drivers

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
Just a quick guide to how many of our 2010 drivers did against previous team-mates.

Only three drivers have never been beaten in the WDC by a team-mate:

Hamilton, Vettel and Buemi.

Attachments

• CTA.jpg
    CTA.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 164
But as Fernando Alonso pointed out in a recent interview he has never been beaten on points by a team mate in the drivers championship...

Fernando Alonso says he would not be worried about being team-mates with Sebastian Vettel if the world champion were to switch to Ferrari in the future. "I do not have anything in particular to say on this," Alonso said. "I would not have any problem nor fear to be faced with any team-mate because I never have. None of my team-mates has ever scored even a point more than me."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 322355.stm

FB said:
But as Fernando Alonso pointed out in a recent interview he has never been beaten on points by a team mate in the drivers championship...

Fernando Alonso says he would not be worried about being team-mates with Sebastian Vettel if the world champion were to switch to Ferrari in the future. "I do not have anything in particular to say on this," Alonso said. "I would not have any problem nor fear to be faced with any team-mate because I never have. None of my team-mates has ever scored even a point more than me."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 322355.stm

And no-one has, scored more points then Alonso, but in 01, Tarso Marques got the better position. from the looks of it, Teabags decided to use the countback system in is tables :p

Only reason i know is becaue i was looking at a site and was seeing how different points systems over the years compare and found Marques would of got a point because of that 1 result lol.

It says that in 2009 Massa beat Raikonnen, but Massa was 23 points behind at the end of the season........ So shouldnt it be a red box for that one

MCLS said:
It says that in 2009 Massa beat Raikonnen, but Massa was 23 points behind at the end of the season........ So shouldnt it be a red box for that one

TBY has aggregated them, so Massa was ahead in the half season that they both competed in. So Aus-Hun Raikkonen scored 18 points, and Massa scored 22. Aftr that Massa was out injured.

Marques is a blue box, ie. the team did not score.

As for this:

FB said:

Well, it is kind of true, if you wish to be totally unfair. In 2004, Fernando Alonso did beat Jarno Trulli over the course of the season at Renault. However, Trulli did not race (for Renault) the last 3 races of the season because Briatore fell out with him. But during the races where Alonso and Trulli both drove Renaults in 2004, Trulli beat Alonso by one point.

It seems pedantic, but I do not accept that you can beat a driver in races where you did not compete.

tooncheese said:
MCLS said:

TBY has aggregated them, so Massa was ahead in the half season that they both competed in. So Aus-Hun Raikkonen scored 18 points, and Massa scored 22. Aftr that Massa was out injured.

Oh right, cheers for clearing that up :) :thumbsup:

It is true that Alonso has not been outscored by his team mate.But in 2007 he scored 109 points a certain rookie in named Hamilton his team mate at McLaren his first F1 season finished one place higher in the WDC also on 109 points but with a better position record.
If Vettel goes to Ferrari on equal terms (unlikely) that Alonso would never agree to that.And Vettel would never go there unless he was garaunteed equal treatment.The earliest that this could happen would be 2012.
Vettel is contracted to Red Bul for 2011 with an option for 2012.Vettel with another years experience will be a formidable opponent.

sportsman said:
It is true that Alonso has not been outscored by his team mate.But in 2007 he scored 109 points a certain rookie in named Hamilton his team mate at McLaren his first F1 season finished one place higher in the WDC also on 109 points but with a better position record.
If Vettel goes to Ferrari on equal terms (unlikely) that Alonso would never agree to that.And Vettel would never go there unless he was garaunteed equal treatment.The earliest that this could happen would be 2012.
Vettel is contracted to Red Bul for 2011 with an option for 2012.Vettel with another years experience will be a formidable opponent.

And the question remains whether Alonso would be able to cope with a team-mate with equal equipment and equal ability, since his only experience of a team-mate with equal equipment and slightly inferior ability (at the time) ended with him in total meltdown.

And there is no doubt that although Alonso scored as many points as Hamilton in 2007, in the long run it was a clear Hamilton victory, since Alonso lost his shot at the 2008 title and Lewis obviously did not. Winning the Japanese GP and a crooked Singapore race was less than Alonso would have done in the MP4-23!

If Alonso is ever placed alongside Kubica or Vettel or someone of that rank, it will be interesting to see if he can keep his temperament in check and succeed even with an internal challenge. However, I get the feeling that Alonso will want to keep Johnny Dumfriesing the Ferrari second seat, and Ferrari are probably of the mind to do it.

Alonso must stay at Ferrari for the forseeable future, because I can't see him getting an undoubted #1 seat at Hamiltonville or Vettelville, so its either Ferrari or Mercedes.

Back
Top Bottom