Whither Williams?

Williams: Back from the Dead. They are the Zombie of Grand Prix teams.

Pastor for the title!

(oh and as its obligatory for me on any Williams thred. Think what they could do with Bottas in the car!)

:thinking: .......I don't know about Pastor and the title, but congratulations to Maldanado for a tremendous drive,and his first GP win.

Really great to see Williams again :1st: standing on the top step on the podium, and a smile on the face on Sir Frank.

The only person that I miss not seeing today, is that ever so cheerful Patrick Head.

Great victory and he had to work for it too. After last season Williams did look as though they were well on the slide but so far this season they have been a team to reckon with. They can cancel the plan for going back to the phone box now.

Well, I never expected Pastor to come so good so quickly, to be quite Sir Frank about it! ;)

It is clear that the reshuffle has yielded just what the team have been lacking for the last 5 years or so too: a fast and reliable car, and someone on the pitwall with a keener strategic instinct than previously...

Odd, isn't it, that Williams seem to recover their form just as McLaren appear to implode? One wonders just how competent Sam Michael actually is... :thinking:

I think Adam Parr must be congratulated for the major turn around, I remember SKY saying it was Frank who made the turn around happen.

I'm not a fan of Williams, but I'm not a fan of top teams/drivers/players fading away and slowly from the sport.

So well done to them, and great drive from Plaster Maldonado :thumbsup:

Frank Williams gave Adam Parr a big, no HUGE nod in an interview following the race. He practically said it was all him and then he sadly decided quit!

Yes he did, and credit to him for pointing that out.

RasputinLives he may have left a few weeks back, but he sorted out the structure of the team, made some several key changes, and the results show that.

I kinda meant Sly that he wouldn't have been there to be interviewed and take the credit on air - not that he didn't deserve any credit

I thought that Parr was basically pushed, because his presence was a stumbling block to Williams F1 being able to negotiate a new agreement with the commercial rights holder.

Back
Top Bottom