Announcement We are moving....

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
The move to the new forum software is imminent; probably within the next week or two.

You may see some things change over the coming days so just ignore it all as it's in preparation for the move.

When it does come time to switch, the forum will be down for the duration.
I will try and keep the downtime to a minimum but it could be several hours, or longer if it all goes horribly wrong...

You will not have to re-register on the new software.
All of the members, threads and posts will be migrated over.

One important note to make though is passwords will be lost as part of the conversion.
Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that.
Instructions will be provided on how to reset your password so don't create a new account.
If you have any problems then a contact link/email address will be available.

I'll update this thread with more information as and when I think of it.

All of the preparation work is complete.

We could actually switch at any time but I will more than likely do it at the end of the week.

See you on the other side ;)

RickD said:
Hope it goes well Bro.. :thumbsup:
Not as much as I do :D

It may be slightly delayed as I have decided to fix all the table code in advance (as it's used quite heavily on the site).

Boyle99 said:
Brogan said:
decided to fix all the table code in advance

Grizzly said:
...if you need any help with the sofa code...

:tumbleweed:

:disappointed: Not a joke, it was actually a suggestion towards how lazy i am and the huge amount of work that does have to go into this change, if it were a feeble attempt, surely the obvious word to be chair.. Unfortunatly text lacks expression.

Brogan, will we have the option of becoming supporting members once up and running??

It's OK Grizzly, I knew what you meant :D
I haven't seen my sofa for several months now LOL

Grizzly said:
Brogan, will we have the option of becoming supporting members once up and running??
Acount Upgrades are possible with the new software.
I debated over whether to use them or not but in the end I decided to include them and then members have the choice.
There is of course no obligation at all to contribute :)

That would be great if there was :)

My ultimate aim is to be able to move to a VPS (which costs around £1,000 per year) and also to hire a developer to completely revamp the F1 database for the new site.

I'm not sure the wife would be too pleased if I started spending our daughter's inheritance in that way though :D

Looking forward to the move, firstly is it just me or is the "We are moving" getting bigger each day, and where is this green logo. Toolbar?

tooncheese said:
Looking forward to the move, firstly is it just me or is the "We are moving" getting bigger each day, and where is this green logo. Toolbar?
I believe sobriety is referring to the new favicon, which is based on the new site logo.

Is it just me or there is there a strong smell of fresh paint in here?
lol.gif

Good work, Brogan!

Back
Top Bottom