Vitantonio Liuzzi

Johnny Carwash

Champion Elect
Contributor
Always thought of him as a paid driver who is only slightly better than a Ricardo Rosset, Alex Yoong or a Zsolt Baumgartner.

siffert_fan

Too old to watch the Asian races live.
Contributor
Rasp-
In th 2007 China race, Speed wasn't even on the team. Vettel started 6 positions behind the more experienced Liuzzi, yet wound up ahead of him at the end!!! It is quite possible that the stars were so aligned that Speed could have done so as well. By the way, finishing higher than someone who DNFs is NOT "beating" them in my book.

Slyboogy

World Champion
Contributor
By the way, finishing higher than someone who DNFs is NOT "beating" them in my book.
It is in my book if they were comprehensively beating them before the retired example, Petrov beating Kubica in Hungary last year...

Unfortunately I can not remember Liuzzi's and Speed's races back then so I can't say...maybe Rasputin is using my logic.

RasputinLives

So Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Contributor
They actually only need to score another 13th place to get in front of Lotus so its not impossible. They'd have to hope for another wet Canada like race to get it but with Belgium, Japan, Korea and Brazil still to come they have some hope.

As for Liuzzi resigning - I hope for his sake he does as I can't see another F1 seat on offer for him. I think he's done a good a job as can be expected at HRT and it would probably do them good to have some consistancy with their drivers. The new owners wanting a 'Spanish feel' to the team could spell trouble for him though - looks like Villa will be in and think they'd snap up Alguesari if Toro Rosso drop him.

RasputinLives

Contributor
So Liuzzi took part in the V8 Supercars race at Surfers Paradise at the weekend - which he probably did realising he wasn;t going to be racing in India.

He was only dipping his toe in the water and him and his partner Tony D'alberto (running in D'alberto's own car) failed to finish in the first race and came 19th in the second race(he was at least on the lead lap though) which isn't spectaculor but the fact he's taken time out to try out different forms of motor sport I guess shows he loves to race.

Interestingly one of the V8 races was won by Sebastian Bourdais and the field contain quite a few other ex F1 drivers including Jan Magnussen, Mika Salo, David Coulthard, Christian Klein and Gianni Morbidelli

Josh

Champion Elect
Watched the highlights last night, really like the series and I thought he didn't do too bad... I guess we can see him end up there when he leaves F1?

PS It's not David Coulthard :) I was under that impression too at first, but it's actually Fabian Coulthard, who is a second cousin of DC!

RasputinLives

Contributor
Doh - my bad on the Coulthard front.

What was interesting is that Liuzzi announced he'd be racing there way back before HRT even signed Ricciardo so had more than likely done a deal with HRT not to race this weekend back then so although it looks like HRT have 'dropped' him I don't think they have.

I actually think Liuzzi will keep his seat at HRT next year

Top Bottom