Valencia

teabagyokel said:
However, there is little for KERS left to prove; its got at some stage Pole, FL and the Win! I can't believe the teams want to get rid of it; and I believe that KERS should be in F1 - it is about a trickle down effect and how many road car ads have had a system where energy is not lost after breaking?

I think in x years, F1 cars will be electric (since oil will at some point run out) so its the future.

The Force India blokey, yesterday on the P2 coverage, was on about the sheer cost of Kers making it less appealing to the privateer teams (i.e. Force India!). Developing aero was more cost effective. I suppose that's all well and good, up until it becomes essential to have Kers... :dunno:

What chance the FIA revoke Badoer's Super Licence if he is as slow in the race as he has been in qualie? I think Yuji Ide is the only driver this has happened to previoulsy and he was in a very bad car, Badoer is in a front running car and is hopelessly off the pace.

Some how I think the faces at Ferrari will be redder than usual.

Sometimes a lot of commentators complain about the lack of experience in a young driver and question their right to be in F1. Jamie Unspellable has come in for a lot of flak for this. If Badoer was a young driver fresh on the scene he would be laughed out of F1 by now.

Who will Ferrari put in the car in Spa? They have a week to decide but surely they aren't going to have Badoer again??

teabagyokel said:
So lets hope for a better race than last year. (OK, so it is unlikely, nay, impossible for it to be worse!)

I think it was better than last year. However, I've been giving Valencia a second chance this year, and it has to be said that this is the most uninspiring, pathetic attempt at a Grand Prix circuit I have ever seen.

• It has no overtaking
  • No-one in two years has managed to hit the wall
  • Its not a "marina", its a port
  • Each corner is as faceless and monotonous as the next
  • Its most interesting feature is the bridge - yawn!
  • "Its like Canada" No, its not!

Did Legard say the GP is in October next year? Trying to get it to rain, FOM? What type of street circuit is it if the marshalls essentially have two years off! What is going to keep us interested when refuelling goes?

Awful!

Nice to see Rubens win one though!

TBY said

Its not a "marina", its a port

I mentioned whilst we were chatting during the race this afternoon that it looks like Goole with sunshine. That may be being a little harsh but it's not an inspiring back drop for a race. Singapore at night - very pretty, Long Beach - with the Queen Mary, great; Detriot had the Renaissance centre (at least). Perhaps only Phoenix has been as bland and feature less?

A post Valencia interview with Luca Badoer from http://www.autosport.com

Q. You have worked many years with Rubens Barrichello. Was there any special feeling in seeing him win?

LB: He won the race?

Q. Yes.

LB: I didn't know!
I am very happy for him. Honestly, I didn't have the time to know, because I went straight to the briefing and then came straight to this press conference. I didn't know who won the race! Rubens is a good friend of mine, I am very happy for him as he is a nice guy. Very good. And who was second?

Q. Hamilton...

LB: Hamilton. Okay. The third I know!

ROFL Says it all really.

So Ferrari's debriefs are good!

RS: Right, Luca, well... er... that wasn't too bad.
LB: Really?
RS: Yeah, would I lie to you?
LB: No, I'm sure not Rob. So how did we do compared to Kimi?
RS: Err... yeah, Kimi came, well, third and you were lapped 17th.
LB: OK, but I beat three drivers then, who were they?
RS: You beat Nakajima, Buemi and Vettel
LB: Oh great, so I outpaced them from start to end.
RS: Well, er... Kazuki had this tyre issue, Buemi retired with Brake trouble and Vettel's engine went
LB: What, so I beat no-one on pace alone
RS: Well, you weren't the only person to get lapped!
LB: Really, who was lapped?
RS: Alguersuari.
LB: Who else?
RS: Just Alguersuari.
LB: Oh, who won the race then?
RS: Sorry, no time, I'm just calling Felipe.
LB: What to tell him not to rush back?
RS: Er... something like that, I'll use some of those words...

cider_and_toast said:
A post Valencia interview with Luca Badoer from http://www.autosport.com

Q. You have worked many years with Rubens Barrichello. Was there any special feeling in seeing him win?

LB: He won the race?

Q. Yes.

LB: I didn't know!
I am very happy for him. Honestly, I didn't have the time to know, because I went straight to the briefing and then came straight to this press conference. I didn't know who won the race! Rubens is a good friend of mine, I am very happy for him as he is a nice guy. Very good. And who was second?

Q. Hamilton...

LB: Hamilton. Okay. The third I know!

ROFL Says it all really.

wow, just wow... Can we get someone else in there please? There has to be a better option somewhere

GordonMurray said:
Poor Luca. It's all very, very sad really. He was a successful driver in his day. No, honestly.

Awwwwwww, you are very generous.

Back to Valencia........... 10 internet points if you can name the one on track overtake all race ;)

I was prepared to give it another chance but did find myself looking at the little counter at the top of the screen and thinking "oh god, 32 laps left" and now I hear they've secured and extension, stupid :censored: ..kers

Was it Heidfeld, can't remember who on though as think I was half asleep at the time..

A 5 bloody year extension as well.. >:( >:( >:( >:(

Back
Top Bottom