(Un)- Forgettable?

TN23

Rookie
1. Roberto Moreno drove for some unimpressive teams. So what was his best grand prix finish?
2. Zolder is an infamous track as Gilles Villeneuve tragically died there. But when did it last hold a Formula 1 race?
3. From 1974, the World Champions have always been rewarded with car No. 1 the year after a title success? How many non-champions have driven car No. 1 after the numbering system was changed?
4. Italy has a grand history in Formula 1, with famous drivers and constructors. Who was the last Italian to score for an Italian team?
5. Brabham folded after years of decline in 1992. Which drivers drove for them in their final year?
6. Arrows had a pretty dismal year in 1986. Who scored their only point, and where?
7. Some years in Formula 1 seem to have never-ending driver changes. 1994 was one of those years. Which teams did not change their driver line-up at any point, and who were those drivers?
8. Williams has a rich history in F1 (Not that you'd know it looking at performances in the last few years...).How many Formula 1 World Champions (Past, Present or Future at the time of driving for the team) have driven for Williams? Who are they?
9. Alessandro Zanardi (Alex for those from the USA) is thought of as a pretty inspirational and heroic figure by some. How many points did he score in F1?
10. In F1, some like to keep it in the family. How many father and son combinations have both won F1 races? Who are they?
11. Britain has also provided a fair few drivers to F1. Who were the last six Britons to taste champagne from the top step (or rosewater, it's the last six British winners of grand prix, ok?)?
12. Fernando Alonso has put Spain on the proverbial F1 map. But F1 did travel to Spain well before Alonso was even born. Which circuits have been used for World Championship events?
13. Four drivers drove for Williams in a generally miserable 1988 campaign. Who were they?
14. Long Beach provided thrills and spills in its relatively short time on the F1 calendar. In 1979, one rather forgettable driver somehow managed to qualify in a career best fourth. Who was he?
15. Ferrari, as a long-serving team known for being rather chaotic at times, have got through a lot of drivers. Which of their drivers plundered half a point in his only outing for the Scuderia? Where was it, and in what year?

And as a bonus, what is my middle name?

Jokes (and not particularly funny ones) aside. You can have a point for each answer given. If I ask for six names, you get six points. If I want three different answers, three points. So its out of 60, I think...

Answers shortly...

Answers:
2nd at the 1990 Japanese GP
1984. Eerily won in Gilles' famous No.27 Ferrari by Michele Alboreto.
Just the one. Ronnie Peterson in 1974. Reigning World Champion Jackie Stewart retired at the end of 1973. EDIT- John Watson drove in Niki Lauda's No.1 in 1985, so two (Credit to TBY)
Giancarlo Fisichella with a third at the 2001 Belgian GP. I didn't think Benetton gave their nationality as Italian either... EDIT- I was right to be surprised. Vitantonio Liuzzi, 6th at the 2007 Chinese GP (Again credit to TBY)
3. F1 reject Eric Van de Poele, Lady driver Giovanna Amati, and 1996 World Champion Damon Hill
Christian Danner, in Austria
Tyrrell (Ukyo Katayama and Mark Blundell), Minardi (Pierluigi Martini and Michele Alboreto), Footwork (Christian Fittipaldi and Gianni Morbidelli) and Pacific (Bertrand Gachot and Paul Belmondo)
9. Alan Jones (1978-81), Mario Andretti (1982), Keke Rosberg (1982-85), Nigel Mansell (1985-88, 1991-92, 1994), Nelson Piquet (1986-87), Alain Prost (1993), Damon Hill (1993-96), Jacques Villeneuve (1996-98), Jenson Button (2000)
Just the one, in the 1993 Brazilian GP for Lotus
3. Gilles (First win, 1978 Canadian) and Jacques (1996 European) Villeneuve (There was also a Jacques Sr., Gilles brother, who failed to qualify a few times). Graham (1962 Dutch) and Damon (1993 Hungarian) Hill. Keke (1982 Swiss) and Nico (2011 Chinese) Rosberg. Brothers Michael (1992 Belgian) and Ralf (2001 San Marinese) also won, but they aren't father and son!
Deep breath... Lewis Hamilton (Last win, 2012 Italian), Jenson Button (2012 Belgian), David Coulthard (2003 Australian), Eddie Irvine (1999 Malaysian), Johnny Herbert (1999 European) and Damon Hill (1998 Belgian)
6. Pedralbes, Jarama, Montjuich Park, Jerez, Barcelona and Valencia
They were Nigel Mansell, Riccardo Patrese, Jean-Louis Schlesser and the often forgotten Martin Brundle
Dutchman Jan Lammers
It was Italian Gianni Morbidelli, who scored sixth at the shortened 1991 Australian Grand Prix. Morbidelli replaced Prost for the final race of 1991, after he was sacked for stereotypical Prost complaining

Back
Top Bottom