Tricky miscellaneus quiz for the season beginnig

GeoCucc

Points Scorer
Wake up F1 fanatics, its time to celebrate the new season with my third ever quiz on this site. I tried to collect my hardest questions, I hope you will like it.

1. Which three drivers stood in most occasion together on the podium? (in any order)

Michael Schumacher, Mika Hakkinen and David Coulthard. It happened 12 times between 1997 and 2001.

2. How many races were won by McLaren until the end of 2010?

172. McLaren Team has won 169 until now, plus Bruce McLaren won 4 races, but one of these four was in his own car. So 169 + 4 - 1 = 172 races were won by any kind of McLaren in F1.

3. There are two seasons when we saw only two newcomers in the field in the whole year (competing at least one race). Name these years, half point for each.

1998 (Toranosuke Takagi, Esteban Tuero) and 2008 (Sebastien Bourdais, Nelson Piquet Jr.)

4. Michael and Ralf Schumacher stood 16 times together on the podium. Out of these, Ralf finished only 3 times ahead of his brother. Name the 3 races, 1/3 point for each.

2001 Canadian GP (Ralf 1st, Michael 2nd), 2002 Malaysian GP (Ralf 1st, Michael 3rd), 2003 French GP (Ralf 1st, Michael 3rd)

5. Which manufacturer produced the tyre for Giuseppe Farina's Alfa Romeo, when he won the first ever Formula1 race in Silverstone?

old good friend, Pirelli

6. Name the two drivers who won a race 2 laps ahead the 2nd placed driver. Half point for each.

Jackie Stewart (1969 Spanish GP) and Damon Hill (1995 Australian GP)

7/8. How many races were in the last decade when the race leader was changed in the last lap? Extra 1 point if you can name the races, so 2 points for this question. (just to prevent misunderstanding: dont count Spa 2008)

6 races: -2001 Spanish GP - Hakkinen's memorable technical problem -2002 Austrian GP - there's no need to explain... -2002 USA GP - payback for Austria -2003 Brazilian GP - Fisi's confusing move on Raikkonen -2005 European GP - stupid tyre-rules... -2005 Japanese GP - Raikkonen's confusing move on Fisi (!)

9. There's only one year when four different tyre manufacturers won at least one race. Name either the year OR at least 3 tyre suppliers in order to get a point.

1958, winners: Dunlop, Englebert, Continental, Firestone (Indy500)

10. There are only 4 tracks where at least 25 races were held in a row. (every year, without break). Name them for 1/4 point each.

Monaco - constatly since 1955; Monza - they only missed 1980; Imola - 27, between 1980 and 2006; Hungaroring - Started in 1986, they celebrated their 25th race last year. And there's no Spa, no Interlagos, no Silverstone (however it will have 25 this year)

Oh dear 1 & 1/3rd (or 1 and 2/3rds if I can steal an extra 1/3rd for getting one of the drivers in Q1)

GeoCucc -
I named 5 of the 6 races, just forgot Kimi's tyre. Can I have 5/6 of the second point?

In addition to the spoilered query, I definitely got 5 and 1/12, and got two whole points contained in that! [Q1 and Q9]

Good quiz though!

Edit: That is 5 and 11/12

GeoCucc -
I named 5 of the 6 races, just forgot Kimi's tyre. Can I have 5/6 of the second point?

In addition to the spoilered query, I definitely got 5 and 1/12, and got two whole points contained in that! [Q1 and Q9]

Good quiz though!

Oh, yes, you can have it. I just forgot to mention it.

Great result from you though!

2 and 2/4 thanks to dodgy maths! I was on 2/3 gave me 1 for guessing #7/8 and then i got spain so i decided to go to the next half for no reason!

Back
Top Bottom