Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lauda gets bored and doesn't need the money, yet

• Hamilton accuses Massa of touching him inappropriately

• Other (please write about it below)

• Total voters
Yesterday I read about the Salazar and Piquet clash, quite interestingly Piquets engine, according to mechanic, would have failed:

His most noted career moment in Formula One came when he collided with the overtaking race leader Nelson Piquet in the 1982 German Grand Prix. After both drivers got out of their stricken cars, the angry Piquet started to punch and kick Salazar. Salazar did not respond to the assault due to the friendship with the Brazilian driver, who helped him in his first European experiences as a driver. Months later Piquet apologised to Salazar over the phone, after being told by a BMW mechanic that the engine in his car was about to expire anyway, and that Salazar avoided BMW the embarrassment of an engine failure at their home race. (BMW officials were in attendance).

- Wikipedia

I voted for Irvine v Senna.

I have a vision in my head of a scuffle between drivers after a coming together, but I can't remember who it was.

Do we know of any incidents involving team personnel kicking off in the pit lane or paddock? Surely Guy Ligier must have punched someone at some time during his F1 career?

Don't know about any punching but I do remember reading something in one of the Autocourse annuals about the time he started stamping repeatedly on a nose-cone section, tearing it apart in the process and kicking it in the direction of his chief designer (can't remember who) by way of demonstrating to him that it wasn't rigid enough.

If I recall correctly, I think it was the Dutch GP sometime in the 60's, Colin Chapman wanted to get out to his driver (possibley Clark) and was prevented from doing so by a policeman as he wasn't displaying the correct pass. Chapman punched the copper and got carted off to the cells. I need to look it up but that's all I can think of.

cider_and_toast It was Clark. That rings a bell because I clearly remember seeing two photographs taken at the same race. One showed Chapman walking around nursing what looked like a bruised elbow and the other of him leaping onto the start-finish line to chher Clark crossing the line victorious. Don't remember what the article said though.

If I recall correctly, I think it was the Dutch GP sometime in the 60's, Colin Chapman wanted to get out to his driver (possibley Clark) and was prevented from doing so by a policeman as he wasn't displaying the correct pass. Chapman punched the copper and got carted off to the cells. I need to look it up but that's all I can think of.

Just pulled this one from the Archives for you cider_and_toast . Haven't watched the race in a long time but I knew exactly where to find this incident. From what the commentator said it was not an uncommon occurrence.

1965 Dutch Gp.

From the wiki page:

There was drama before the race when Lotus boss Colin Chapman punched a policeman, Chapman was arrested hours after the race but the Dutch police kept him in for two days.

Back
Top Bottom