The Young Quiz

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
With the Old Quiz gone, now in comes the Young Quiz.

1. Seven of the top 20 youngest Formula One Grand Prix starters are racing in 2010. Name them for 1/8 points each.

Algersuari (1), Alonso (4), Vettel (7), Button (8), Buemi (12), Rosberg (14), Barrichello (16), Massa (18). (Positions in league in brackets)

2. Esteban Tuero's final race in F1 was at the age of 20 years, 6 months and 10 days, which is exactly the same age as the youngest man in F1 (except Indy 500s) before 1960. Who was it?

Peter Collins

3. Who is the youngest man to achieve an F1 fastest lap?

Nico Rosberg at his debut 2006 Bahrain GP

4. At which circuit did Sebastien Vettel become the youngest driver to score a point in F1?

Indianapolis 2007 - he replaced R. Kubica for BMW

5. Jenson Button is the youngest driver to score a point when there were 6 points paying positions. Who was disqualified from 2nd at the 2000 Brazilian GP to allow Jenson to take his point?

David Coulthard

6. The youngest average age for a podium was in Monza in 2008. Who joined Vettel and Kovalainen on the podium?

Robert Kubica

7. The top 20 youngest podia are from the last 10 years. Which year was the 21st positioned Belgian GP?

1974 - Fittipaldi/Lauda/Scheckter

8. Lewis Hamilton is the youngest World Champion. If he won the 2010 World Championship at Abu Dhabi, where would 2010 stand in the ranking of seasons with young drivers?

He would still be the 5th youngest Champion - behind himself, Alonso (twice) and Fittipaldi.

9. The youngest podium ever was 23. What is the age in years of the youngest podium of the 1950s?

27, half points 25-29

10. If a nation is young it is more than 200 years old in common parlance. The French GP of 1976 was held on the USA's 200th birthday! Who was the highest placed American?

Mario Andretti in 5th

So there are some records of youth not taken by Seb Vettel in Italy in 2008!

Hoped I'd do a little better but I open my account with a 2 1/2. Better than some I did from the great back catalogue of quizzes though :s Soon you could do a quiz on previous quizzes! :dizzy:

Using the Spesh calculator I got 3 1/2 which I have to admit being quite pleased with as that was a toughy.

I have to admit to being quite surprised that
Hamilton
doesn't figure in Q1.

FB said:
Using the Spesh calculator I got 3 1/2 which I have to admit being quite pleased with as that was a toughy.

I have to admit to being quite surprised that :?: doesn't figure in Q1.

Me too, I would have thought he would have been in there.

5 6/7. Got only that best American thing right from the questions that were based in earlier days of World Championship.

Speshal said:
FB said:

I have to admit to being quite surprised that :?: doesn't figure in Q1.

Me too, I would have thought he would have been in there.

Hamilton made his début at 22, the cut off line for top 20 is 21y 1m 12d (Christian Fittipaldi), and hence lies 38th on the list behind Kubica and Raikkonen. Its funny, he arrived at a top team at the same age (roughly) as Alonso, Kubica and Vettel but since they did a year in F1 too early then he hadn't served his apprenticeship, apparently!

Back
Top Bottom