The Wet Quiz

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
Rain is on the horizon for the wet quiz.

[bg=#FFFF00]1. We start under the Safety Car. In which position was the lead Ferrari when the field was released on lap 18 of the 2007 Japanese Grand Prix?[/bg]

[bg=#FFFF00]18th, after attempting to start on inters contravening Charlie Whiting's instructions[/bg]

2. What position was Alain Prost in when he retired from the 1986 British Grand Prix?

16th

[bg=#FF0000]3. RED FLAG! How many laps made up the officially declared distance of the shortest Grand Prix ever in Adelaide in 1991?[/bg]

[bg=#FF0000]14 laps of only 3km. 16 laps were completed, but only 14 counted.[/bg]

[bg=#FFFF00]4. Back underway, and under SC. Which was the only constructor to score more than one points position at the 1994 Japanese GP?[/bg]

[bg=#FFFF00]Williams and their Hill (1), Mansell (4) British dream team![/bg]

5. Which future team owner finished 4 laps down in the 1966 Belgian GP and was thus ineligible for points?

Guy Ligier for Cooper

6. How many drivers finished on the lead lap at the Nurburgring in 2000?

Only 2 - winner Michael Schumacher and Mika Hakkinen

7. Who won F1's first wet race?

Juan Manuel Fangio at Bremgarten in 1951

8. Which of the top three winners in F1 history (Schumacher, Prost, Senna) won a wet race for their last victory?

Schumacher - to date - at China in 2006

9. Who won the British Grand Prix by 46 seconds in the wet in 1961?

Wolfgang von Trips

10. Jenson Button. 13 wins. How many of those were wet?

6 - Hungary 06; Malaysia 09; Australia, China 10; Canada, Hungary 11

But #3
it was 1991 and they actually completed 16 laps, but the official results are declared from the end of the 14th lap due to confusion. I gave myself a point for saying 16th, that's okay right?

But #3
it was 1991 and they actually completed 16 laps, but the official results are declared from the end of the 14th lap due to confusion. I gave myself a point for saying 16th, that's okay right?

6 -but I would agree with josh
14 laps were classified, 16 completed-hence how a crashed Nigel mansell came second

Back
Top Bottom