The top 5 drivers stats

Il_leone

World Champion
Vettel, Button , Alonso, Webber and Hamilton are now collectively known as the top 5 drivers in the world

Some interesting stats then

I think this is the first time for well over 20 years that the top 5 spots were occupied by the same drivers who finished in the top 5 last year

- last time 1986-1987 the top 4 spots occupied by the same drivers - Mansell, Piquet, Prost, Senna

Not since Korea last year has any other driver been on the podium other than the top 5

Not since Monza 2009 has anyone else other than the top 5 won a grand prix

Breakdown excluding fastest laps from 2010 by

Vettel 16wins /25 poles/ 648pts / average championship position 1st
Alonso 6 wins/ 2 poles/ 511 pts/ average championship position 3rd
Hamilton 6 wins / 2 poles / 467pts/ average championship position 4.5th
Webber 5 wins / 8 poles/ 500pts/ average championship position 3rd
Button 5 wins / 0 poles / 484 pts/ average championship position 3.5rd

only thing missing is Webber calling himself world champion

Those stats show Vettel and Webbers pole/win ratio as almost identical. Now that is interesting. Both of those ratios are blown away by the other three though.

What does that tell us?

Whatever you want them to, ;)

To me it tells that qualifying and race are two separate things and that dominance in qualifying doesn't necessarily mean dominance in the race.

To me it tells that qualifying and race are two separate things and that dominance in qualifying doesn't necessarily mean dominance in the race.

That's kind of my point. I could argue for that or against and could convince myself to take either side of the the fence. Obviously there are so many more factors, such as penalties, damage, pitstops, weather conditions, crashes, bad race direction, team orders. The list goes on.

So whilst, I think it's an interesting stat, I won't be making any conclusions from it.

I'm struggling to see how Button is made to look good here, but not Hamilton. They're basically identical stats. Plus an extra win for Lewis.

Doesn't really matter anyway, they all look bad compared to the doppelkaiser.

True if compared to Vettel

Surely Webber should have won more than 1 race given the speed of the car and he had a few poles this year as well

As for Button vs Hamilton....Lewis has outscored every teammate has not he throughout his career except Alonso until now by Button

Those stats show Vettel and Webbers pole/win ratio as almost identical. Now that is interesting. Both of those ratios are blown away by the other three though.

What does that tell us?

Whatever you want them to, ;)

get more poles = win more races

In F1 that leaves Kovalainen. In no other series has he had a team mate who has progressed very far.

Compare Button with Alonso because I am sure everyone thought Alonso was the best driver at the time after Schumacher and had a better CV/ record than Button to brag about

The flip side Lewis has been with Mclaren since 1998 and had 3 years more experience with the team than Button.

Back
Top Bottom