The Silly Sweepstake.

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Valued Member
Here's a new game to add a bit more fun to race day.

Called the Silly Sweepstake, each race it will be down to the winner of the previous comp ( a clip the apex tradition due to the lack of actual prizes!!) to come up with a "silly sweepstake" for all users to have a go at.

So for Silly Sweepstake 1.

On which lap of the race will the first "Newbie" (Lotus,Virgin,HRT) retire?

In the event of no one picking the right lap the winner will be the closest under the correct lap.

My Guess,

Lap 10

Lap 1. A combination of inexperienced drivers and unproven cars. I reckon that carnage will ensue with people unsure of breaking points, etc.

Speshal said:
0 - I'll bet one doesn't start ;)

If you mean it won't be on the grid, I'll take the possibility of being on the grid but failing on the warm up lap.

Otherwise, lap 7 (which will be lap 9 or 10 for the leader and most of the other cars)

Actually, that's a good point. Are we taking lap 1 to mean the installation lap (which counts towards the race distance) or the first lap they are actually racing?

When I said lap 1, I meant the first lap they would be racing.

Jez, Lap 1 is the first lap of the race. I have taken the race to be from the moment the lights go out.

Dosn't start means that the car fails to cross the line once the lights have gone out. I.E. packs in before the start.

That's a cheeky call by Spesh and one I hadn't though of but it's a good one.

So far then we have:

C_A_T - Lap 10
Fat Jez - Lap 1
Spesh - Before the start
Brogan - Lap 2
Slickskid - Lap 5
TBY - Lap 8
Muddy - Lap 9

Any more for any more ??

cider_and_toast said:
Jez, Lap 1 is the first lap of the race. I have taken the race to be from the moment the lights go out.

That's what I thought you meant :thumbsup: Just checking Bro hadn't been sneaky and nabbed the actual lap I was after by counting the installation lap as lap 1 ;)

To be fair I think I was the cheeky one :goodday:

...although when I said lap 7/lap 9 for the leaders, I was being truthful - I would not be surprised to see one of the newcomers return to the pits and then go back out a few laps behind. So, can we have a clarification on this -

How about "how many laps will the first-retiring newcomer complete?", rather than on which racing lap will it end it's race.

(This will teach cider' to come up with an irreverent idea; it doesn't take long for us lot to over-analyse and break it down :p )

I see what your're saying Muddy, However I think We'll leave it to the BBC. What ever lap it says on the BBC scrolling chart that the car retires on is the one that wins it.

So are you calling lap 7 or lap 9 then Muddy?

(I swear this site has aged me 10 years. Brogan has been so frustrated by it all he's only just put his flat back together from his last hissy fit)

LOL

I'll be even more :censored: if two of the new boys hit each other on Lap 1. How am I going to sort that one out?

cider_and_toast said:
I'll be even more :censored: if two of the new boys hit each other on Lap 1. How am I going to sort that one out?

It will still be lap 1 - you don't tell us we had to predict which new team went out. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom