The "Piquet Jnr" award for least welcome F1 returnee.

Who would be the least welcome F1 returnee?

• Total voters
Can only be one winner for this I think. I did however, breath a huge sigh of relief when Villeneuve failed to agree terms with Lotus.

That was a tough call, I could have voted for any of the first 3. In the end, Piquet got my vote, mainly because I thought the other's were safer on the track (marginally in some cases!).

It looks like Piquet is going to win this, in more ways than one...

Disgraced former Renault F1 pilot Nelson Piquet Jr appears to have earned a reprieve following claims that he will form half of an all-Brazilian line-up at Formula One newcomer Campos Meta.

According to Spanish website motor21.com, the 24-year old has inked a three-year deal with the former GP2 Series team that will see him partner former sparring partner Bruno Senna in the top flight - but only after his father, three-time F1 world champion Nelson Sr, took a 15 per cent stake in Adrian Campos nascent operation. That deal, plus the support of several Brazilian companies keen to capitalise on the team's line-up, proved to be the key in seeing off rival bids from former Campos GP2 regular Vitaly Petrov and erratic Venezuelan Pastor Maldonado.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29122009/23/piquet-buys-campos-gives-jr-2010-return.html

All of them, with perhaps the exception of Montoya.

But, to cast the vote, sorry Nelson. Your crime was too heinous.

Brogan said:
It looks like Piquet is going to win this, in more ways than one...

Disgraced former Renault F1 pilot Nelson Piquet Jr appears to have earned a reprieve following claims that he will form half of an all-Brazilian line-up at Formula One newcomer Campos Meta.

According to Spanish website motor21.com, the 24-year old has inked a three-year deal with the former GP2 Series team that will see him partner former sparring partner Bruno Senna in the top flight - but only after his father, three-time F1 world champion Nelson Sr, took a 15 per cent stake in Adrian Campos nascent operation. That deal, plus the support of several Brazilian companies keen to capitalise on the team's line-up, proved to be the key in seeing off rival bids from former Campos GP2 regular Vitaly Petrov and erratic Venezuelan Pastor Maldonado.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29122009/23/piquet-buys-campos-gives-jr-2010-return.html

Apparently this was a hoax. Spanish equivalent for aprils fool or summat.

Back
Top Bottom