The Other Italian Constructors Quiz

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
I said this weeks quiz would be Badoer themed! Luca Badoer, of course, drove for only Italian constructors in F1. Now, I'm leaving out that particular Italian constructor, that Prancy Horse team, because I believe they'll probably be worth a quiz themselves! So here is my quiz about the other Italian constructors in F1!

1. Alfa Romeo have won 10 Grand Prix. Each was won by either Juan Manuel Fangio and Guiseppe Farina. One of Fangio's wins was shared with Luigi Fagioli. How many did each driver win?

Fangio 6-4 Farina (or 5½-4). Fangio: 1950 Mon, Bel, Fra; 1951 Sui, Fra (shared), Esp; Farina 1950 GB, Sui, Ita; 1951 Bel
  2. Who is the only driver other than Fangio to win an F1 race in a Maserati?

Stirling Moss at Monaco & Monza in 1956 - Fangio won Maserati's other 7 races
  3. Other than the two mentioned above and Ferrari, who are the only other Italian constructor to win in F1?

Scuderia Toro Rosso, Monza 2008 through Sebastien Vettel
  4. Minardi never made the podium in F1 but reached 4th place 3 times. Twice this was achieved by Minardi stalwart Pierluigi Martini. Who else came 4th in a Minardi?

Christian Fittipaldi
  5. What is Minardi's best ever Constructors' Championship finish?

7th, twice fourth in 1991 reaped 6 points. Minardi got double the points of Lotus and Brabham that year (although this was not the Lotus 79 by any means!)
  6. Andrea Moda qualified for only the 1992 Monaco Grand Prix in their farcical F1 career. Name the two drivers who DNQed in Brabhams to allow Moreno to qualify 26th!

Eric Van De Poele and Damon Hill!
  7. What was Coloni's best result in an F1 race?

8th through Gabriele Tarquini in Canada in 1988
  8. Who scored Alfa Romeo's final F1 podium on their 1980s comeback?

Riccardo Patrese at Monza in 1984
  9. How did Fondmetal's first two Grand Prix starts end?

They both ended in oil leaks for Olivier Groulliard!
  10. Life's best result is listed as 32nd in the 1990 San Marino Grand Prix. Which driver did Bruno Giacomelli beat in Pre-Qualifying for said event?

Gabrielle Tarquini of AGS

As I have hinted, there are so many Italian teams on F1 Rejects I can't possibly get to them all, and it shows where all the quality lies with the Italian constructors in F1. Next week the Italian theme continues with the Italian GP quiz!

Back
Top Bottom