The N.E.J. Mansell Quiz

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
As the title suggests this is quiz about Britain's greatest living F1 driver (sic)

1. Nigel EJ Mansell - what do the E and J stand for?

Ernest James - half a point for either

2. What is Nigel's wifes name?

Rosanne

3. Where, when and for which team did Nigel make his F1 debut?

Austrian GP in 1980 for Lotus

4. At this race Mansell showed how determined he was to be a success as an F1 driver. Why?

He had fuel leaking in to the cockpit from the lap 1 of the race and ended up with second degree chemical burns as a result

5. Something else significant happended to Nigel in 1977 which for a lesser man would have ended their dreams of being a racing driver, what was it?

He broke his neck in a qualifying session at Brands Hatch and was very close to being a quadraplegic

6. Apart from the team in Q3 Nigel raced for 3 other teams in F1, can you name them?

Lotus I have given you, the others were Williams (twice or was it three times?), Ferrari and McLaren

7. After his Championship win in 1992 Mansell went off to Indycar for a couple of years, which team did he race for?

Newman Hass Racing

8. In 1997 it was rumoured that Nigel would make a comeback in F1, with which team?

Eddie Jordan wanted him to race for his Jordan team

9. Nigel's eldest son has an unusual name, what is it and why?

He's Greg Norman Mansell named after Nigel's BFF, golfer Greg Norman

10. Where, when and for which team was his last F1 race?

Spain, 1995 and for McLaren

Enjoy

I clearly don't know 'our Nige' all that well. I got a measley two and two thirds but I enjoyed doing it thanks. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom