The Monaco Quiz

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
A rich vein of history to tap into for the Monaco GP quiz!

1. Other than Jarno Trulli, name the three drivers to win their only World Championship GPs at Monaco. [CLUE: All three are French]

Maurice Trintignant (1955,58)
    Jean-Pierre Beltoise (1972)
    Olivier Panis (1996)
  2. Ayrton Senna won the Monaco Grand Prix in all but one years from 1987 until 1993. Who interrupted his sequence?

Alain Prost (1988)
  3. Which team has won half the last 30 Monaco Grand Prix?

McLaren with Prost, Senna, Hakkinen, Coulthard, Raikkonen, Alonso* and Hamilton
  4. BRM won 4 Monaco GPs in a row in the 1960s. 3 were won by Graham Hill. Who won the other?

Jackie Stewart
  5. When was Ferrari's last win in the principality?

2001, surprisingly, when Michael Schumacher won at Monaco!
  6. The Monaco GP was twice held as part of the pre-war European Championship. Which team won both occasions?

Daimler-Benz
  7. Who is the only Monegasque driver to gain a podium at Monaco? (in the WDC)

Louis Chiron, 3rd in 1950. He won the race in 1931, which has been ruled out by the question...
  8. Who is the last driver to retire from the Monaco Grand Prix?

Adrian Sutil, I think we remember it well!
  9. In "the Grand Prix that no-one wanted to win" of 1982, who was the only man to finish on the lead lap, and hence the winner?

Riccardo Patrese
  10. Finally, to Alberto Ascari. He died shortly after the Monaco Grand Prix of 1955 testing a Ferrari sportscar. What was weird about his death?

The weirdness relates to his father Antonio Ascari. Both Ascaris were 36. Both died 4 days after surviving serious accidents (Alberto having taken a dip in the Monaco harbour). Both had won 13 Grand Prix, both drove #26 in their last races. Both crashed at the exit of fast but easy left-handers, both leaving behind a wife and two children. Both died on the 26th of the month. The only other driver to head into the harbour in Monaco, Paul Hawkins, also died on the track, also on the 26th May.

And on that note, I leave you!

*Thankyou, Boyle99

Damn that last question was spooky

And I hate to be picky but you left out a certain someone in your list for answer number 3

Yet another excellent little quiz TBY.

Another excellent quiz Mr Teabag! My congratulations to you...

I kept up my ineptitude by scoring 3 points. (Do I get anything for saying
Mercedes
for question six! ;))

Boyle99 said:
Damn that last question was spooky

And I hate to be picky but you left out a certain someone in your list for answer number 3

Yet another excellent little quiz TBY.

Thanks for the feedback, you saved my arse in the Spanish Quiz too, Boyle, I thank you!
Forgive me for leaving Mr. Alonso out, its so easy to overlook him when considering McLaren drivers!

McZiderRed said:
Another excellent quiz Mr Teabag! My congratulations to you...

I kept up my ineptitude by scoring 3 points. (Do I get anything for saying _________ for question six! )

Thankyou, MZR,
of course you can say Mercedes
!

I think the last question is more than a little odd,
out of interest, Antonio died in the 1925 French GP
, strange how these things happen!

Back
Top Bottom