Summer Break Quiz

Angel

Race Winner
Contributor
I came up with this quiz as a bit of fun for over the summer break before I risk trying a pre race quiz later on in the season.

Having only ever really watched F1 since the mid 1990s and seriously from the 1995
season, my knowledge before then is shockingly lacking, so you will find most of the
questions in this quiz are set within that time frame. I hope you enjoy it.

1. Nico Hulkenberg has only managed one pole position so far in his career, he was
driving for Williams at the time, but where and in what year did it happen? Half a point
for each part of the answer.
Interlagos Brazil in 2010

2. Jochen Rindt achieved something that no other F1 World Champion has done before or
since, what was it?
He won the title posthumously

3. In 2005 the Indianapolis race had only six cars which started due to a tyre issue with
Michelin, name all six drivers. (Half a point if you get three or more, a full point if you
get all six) A bonus point if you can also name the three teams who took part in the race.
Monteiro, Karthikeyan, Barrichello, Schumacher, Albers, Friesacher.
Teams Ferrari, Jordan and Minardi

4. At Spa in 2000 Schumacher and Hakkinen were vying for the lead and came across a
mid fielder that needed to be lapped, who was the 'meat in the sandwich' as they went
either side of him and what team was he racing for? (Half a point for each answer)
Ricardo Zonta, British American Racing

5. After retiring his car during the Canadian gp, Olivier Panis jumped over a wall to get
off the track without checking what was on the other side. What nasty surprise did he find
there?
A river

6. Schumacher accused Coulthard of trying to kill him when the German ploughed into
the slow moving Scotsman who he was about to lap. Schumi subsequently stormed down
the pitlane to confront DC who, still wearing his helmet, almost gave him a ‘Glasgow
kiss’ for his trouble. DC later admitted the accident was his fault and apologised, but
where and in what year did this happen?
Belgian gp Spa in 1998

7. Johnny Herbert achieved just three wins in his F1 career, can you name either the
location or year of his first and last? (Half a point for each, so two points in total if you
get all four parts of this correct.)
Britain 1995 and Europe 1999

8. In 1996 only three cars actually finished the Monaco GP, can you list the three who
finished in podium order? A bonus point for naming the driver who was driving a lap
down who pulled into the pits deciding not to bother to actually finish the race.
1st Olivier Panis, 2nd David Coulthard, 3rd Johnny Herbert. Bonus
answer H-H Frentzen

9. In 2012 Hamilton, Perez and Alonso were all taken out in a first lap incident at Spa,
ironically the very next week all three made it onto the podium in Monza. Who took them
out in spectacular fashion at Spa and was consequently banned from the next race for his
trouble, and who took his seat for Monza? Half a point for each.
Romain Grosjean was the naughty boy, Jerome D’Ambrosio took his
drive in the Lotus that day.

10. We all know there is a two hour race limit, but if you add in the time when the cars
weren’t on track, which event took the longest to complete in total, for a bonus point,
approximately how long was it? (You get the bonus point if you guess within 10 minutes
of the actual time)
Canada 2011, 4 hours, 4’39.537.

Out of a possible 14 points, how many did you manage?

Nice quiz all question bar 1 from my era of Formula 1. Happy with 10.5/14 only Q5 i was pointless from

but just 1 thing i noticed. Mean with best intentions "Jochen Rindt achieved something" might be badly phrased as the incident wasnt really an achievement

Nice quiz all question bar 1 from my era of Formula 1. Happy with 10.5/14 only Q5 i was pointless from

but just 1 thing i noticed. Mean with best intentions "Jochen Rindt achieved something" might be badly phrased as the incident wasnt really an achievement

I agree but I didn't quite know how else to word it :embarrassed:

Back
Top Bottom