Str8poll: Alonso in 2008

Q. Giving marks out of 10 , how would you rate Alonso's performance in 2008?

• Total voters
G

Continuing with a small series of poll's regarding the performances of the top drivers so far this season.

Have you been impressed by Alonso so far this year.. or have you been disappointed with his performances ?
Whats been his high point ... whats been the low point ?

Q. How would you rate Alonso's performances in 2008?

For me, this is the hardest one to call , I've given him 8/10 as I am convinced he's out-performing the car to a great degree.
Highlight for me was his double overtake of Heikki and Kimi in Australia and the front row grid slot in Barcelona.
Low point was Monaco , where I thought he might make the podium considering the circumstances of the race but blew it with the rash move on Heidfeld. :givemestrength:
In Canada , he would definately have been on the podium , or even possibly have won .. but for the wrong stategy call by the team.
So again, 8/10 for me just for driving the pants off a very medicore car

I have given Alonso 5/10. He has drove well this season, constantly outpacing his teammate. We will have to see how he does for rest of season to get better idea.

Seven for me .. I feel he has done great in this years "lemon" but has also made a couple of mistakes (monaco for example) through frustration.

9 from me - gets a 110% from a rubbish car - but sometimes over-eggs it with dire consequences.

Unless the usual suspects have voted more than once, there have been 10 visits here from "other" boards - hopefully a result

I give 5/10

I dont think Alonso has done much special in the Renault, He hasn't really impressed me that much, hes been pretty Average a couple of decent quali results, but he hasn't turned it into results in the Race, would of given him 7/10 but Monaco is a HUUUUGE! black mark against his name, some with his experience and and the fact his a world champion, should never end up driving like good ol' Taki Inoue.

I've given him my 3rd 8/10 of the top 3 drivers in last year's championship. Like Kimi & Lewis, he's made mistakes in a couple of races despite driving a Renault better than a Renault should go...

Although it does remain to be seen how equal Piquet's car is...

Ninad13 said:
I have given Alonso 5/10. He has drove well this season, constantly outpacing his teammate. We will have to see how he does for rest of season to get better idea.

I'll have to re-think about points I gave him. May be 7/10....... he is really doing good in that Renault........... :) :)

Back
Top Bottom