Some photo's of the British GP 2010.

Thanks Brogan. Yes, I was there for the three days. It's my 6th British GP :)

I saw some fabulous GP2, GP3 and Porsche racing too - full of incidents. The new Brooklands is a great spot it seems for overtaking/scrapping going into Luffield. Also saw some great action at Abbey. The Redbulls (and to an extent the Ferrari's) were really in a differnet league through there. No lift and the cars handled the bump with ease. McLaren (on the other hand were all over the place, their back end was definitely not planted at all and you could see both Lewis and Jenson wringing the neck out of it to try and maintain position and speed. The TV doesn't do these guys justice when you see just how hectic and borderline out of control those cars can be.

I remember you talking about the times you had been in the past, lucky guy to have been 6 times.
Not jealous at all

There were a few guys from here who went.
Next year we should try and arrange a CTA trip :D

Thanks for the pics. Much better than my efforts!

Porceliamone said:
McLaren (on the other hand were all over the place, their back end was definitely not planted at all and you could see both Lewis and Jenson wringing the neck out of it to try and maintain position and speed. The TV doesn't do these guys justice when you see just how hectic and borderline out of control those cars can be.

Couldn't agree more there. Lewis and Jenson more so than anyone else. They were on and over the limit all Friday. i spent a lot of FP1 and 2 watching from the new stand at Becketts. Its a great place becasue you get to see them come though the complex and see all of the new section right opposite you...

Anyhow, watching them closely, the McL's had huge oversteer going on and you could hear, well, you could not not hear them bouncing the limiter as they accelated, back wheels lit up, sideways through Chapel, and through Farm right opposite coming down into the arena section.

Facinating to see the level of driver control.

Grizzly said:
Thanks for the pics. Much better than my efforts!

Porceliamone said:
McLaren (on the other hand were all over the place, their back end was definitely not planted at all and you could see both Lewis and Jenson wringing the neck out of it to try and maintain position and speed. The TV doesn't do these guys justice when you see just how hectic and borderline out of control those cars can be.

Couldn't agree more there. Lewis and Jenson more so than anyone else. They were on and over the limit all Friday. i spent a lot of FP1 and 2 watching from the new stand at Becketts. Its a great place becasue you get to see them come though the complex and see all of the new section right opposite you...

Anyhow, watching them closely, the McL's had huge oversteer going on and you could hear, well, you could not not hear them bouncing the limiter as they accelated, back wheels lit up, sideways through Chapel, and through Farm right opposite coming down into the arena section.

Facinating to see the level of driver control.

Thanks for your comments folks. Really appreciated.

I agree Grizzly. I'm still flabbergasted at times where it looks like they're just about to lose it but somehow maintain control with lightening quick adjustments. I really recommend that anyone who's never been to a GP go and see it with their own eyes. It's also no wonder the 'B' team drivers are having such a torrid time of it. Their cars look like they're about to spank it in a straight line, let alone going around a corner at 180mph!

I've already got tickets for Becketts next year so I'm really looking forward to another perspective on things, although over the three days I try to get around as much as I can. Believe me, the photos I posted were only a very few (from 100's) decent enough to post. Gotta love having a digital SLR (and a little bit of photography know-how always helps)! :D

Cracking pics :D

I should have been standing right there but events conspired against me this year - Next time Dangermouse!

Great photos, I was at Copse, but don't think I got anything like your photos, a bit too surrounded.

Spent Saturday trying out the various stands and waiting to see if the mate I go with can get approval to book up Becketts next year - it's posted as a covered stand next year, so I'm planning on getting there somehow.

I think this was my 7th British GP, but real culture shock since I think my last was 1985...

Maybe if things work out we can try out the Cafe behind for a glass of milk

Wow Porceliamone,

There are some really impressive pics there mate. You must have some talent :)

I particularly liked the first one of the McLaren!

Wow, those are fantastic pictures, i have something to live up to when i take the pictures of the Hungarian Grand Prix next week :D

McLarenSupremo said:
i have something to live up to when i take the pictures of the Hungarian Grand Prix next week :D
Don't forget to start a new thread here with your experiences :)
It's always great to hear from people who've attended races.

Brogan said:
McLarenSupremo said:
i have something to live up to when i take the pictures of the Hungarian Grand Prix next week :D
Don't forget to start a new thread here with your experiences :)
It's always great to hear from people who've attended races.

Will do :)

Thanks to everyone for your comments. Much appreciated. It's really uplifting to know you enjoyed them (I guess especially because they're from an actual "every-day-Joe" fan)! I've just got a new lens so hopefully I can get a few decent shots next year too. :)

Back
Top Bottom