Silly Sweepstake - Monaco GP

Muddytalker

Points Scorer
Here it is.

This is the first Moncao Grand Prix for the 3 new teams (for clarification - HRT, Virgin, Lotus); The sweepstake question is, how many race laps will these three teams complete in total?

For info, the race distance is 78 laps, so the maximum would be 6 x 78 = 468.

One of them is in the wall first lap. One will last till lap 20 then have a technical failure. One will spectacularly lose concentration on lap 65. One will not start. One will finish four laps down and another will finish three.

So thats 0+20+65+74+75=

LOL I like it.

I'm going for, in no particular order:

1 - 0
2 - 1
3 - 30
4 - 22
5 - 74
6 - 60

Total - 187

Having had some thought, I'll make my own entry now.

1 out first lap, one to make it round one lap but retire in the pits = 0 + 1
One more will make it to around lap 20, and another will retire after 55 laps = 20+55
The last two will make it, but 4 laps down each = 74+74
So, 0+1+20+55+74+74 = 224

:thinking: Hhmmmmm...

I've very carefully and thoughtfully garnered the opinion of my 3 braincells, to produce the figure of 278.

Please don't ask me to explain the number, as we'd all just be embarrassed by my attempt... :simple:

Matthew Little said:
After drinking copious amounts of bourbon and numerous throws at the nearest dartboard, I'll pick the number................187.
I've already taken that, you'll have to pick another one :p

Brogan said:
Matthew Little said:
After drinking copious amounts of bourbon and numerous throws at the nearest dartboard, I'll pick the number................187.
I've already taken that, you'll have to pick another one :p

My mistake there, Brogan(note to self............drink more bourbon before picking a number...........).
Since 187 is taken................178.
Hopefully, no one's taken that number.................. :o :o :o :o

And the result are in from Monaco -

Karun Chandhok HRT-Cosworth 70
Jarno Trulli Lotus-Cosworth 70
Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth 58
Bruno Senna HRT-Cosworth 58
Lucas di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth 25
Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 22

This gives a (surprisingly large) grand total of 303 completed laps, and means the winner is McZiderRed :applause:

Over to you for Turkey.

Muddytalker said:
This gives a (surprisingly large) grand total of 303 completed laps, and means the winner is McZiderRed :applause:

Over to you for Turkey.

This can't be right! :blink:

I demand a re-count! :snigger:

I'll try to think of the "Silly Turkey Sweepstake" in the next few days, or so...

Back
Top Bottom