Second Place Is Not For Red Bulls

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
[b][u]2010 F1 Podiums[/u][/b]
[color=#FF0000]ALO MAS[/color] [color=#FF6600]HAM[/color]
[color=#FF6600]BUT[/color] [color=#FFFF00]KUB[/color] [color=#FF0000]MAS[/color]
[color=#000066]VET WEB[/color] [color=#777777]ROS[/color]
[color=#FF6600]BUT HAM[/color] [color=#777777]ROS[/color]
[color=#000066]WEB[/color] [color=#FF0000]ALO[/color] [color=#000066]VET[/color]
[color=#000066]WEB VET[/color] [color=#FFFF00]KUB[/color]
[color=#FF6600]HAM BUT[/color] [color=#000066]WEB[/color]
[color=#FF6600]HAM BUT[/color] [color=#FF0000]ALO[/color]
[color=#000066]VET[/color] [color=#FF6600]HAM BUT[/color]
[color=#000066]WEB[/color] [color=#FF6600]HAM[/color] [color=#777777]ROS[/color]
[color=#FF0000]ALO MAS[/color] [color=#000066]VET[/color]
[color=#000066]WEB[/color] [color=#FF0000]ALO[/color] [color=#000066]VET[/color]

I produce the above table to demonstrate how few times Red Bull have finished 2nd or 3rd in a race this season, which imho explains their shocking points losses from qualifying.

They are a dominant car which should be getting one-twos and one-threes all over the place. But they have secured only 4 double podiums. They have won 6 races.

Red Bull wins: 6, One-Twos: 2
Other wins: 6, One-Twos: 5.

Hamilton has finished second more often than Red Bull this season.

I just wanted to demonstrate that Red Bull need to fill the bottom two steps of the podium more often if they are not winning in order to take the titles that that car deserves.

Interesting topic, I'm sure this is history repeating itself... We've seen this 'fastest car struggles to convert race results' before haven't we??

I can 'just about' remember the insanely fast turbo cars blowing themselves to pieces at the front of the field. I remember some very fragile Williams at the front too..

However, i don't believe the actual RB car has been at fault too many times this year..... has it.....

Bahrain was one failure and one poor performance.
Australia was one failure and one driver kamikazeing into Hamilton all over the place.
Malaysia was fine.
China was poor tyre strategy in the wet.
Spain had one failure.
Monaco was fine.
Turkey was a collision.
Canada was poor tyre strategy in the dry.
Europe was one poor getaway followed by an attempt at flight.
Britain was one poor getaway followed by a puncture.
Germany was one poor getaway followed by an assault and one poor drive.
Hungary was one penalty.

Thats where the points have been dropped!

When you think about it, Red Bull have a car which is easily as good as the Brawn was last year compared to the rest of the grid.

The fact that they are only just leading the championship by a few points due to a driveshaft failure on Hamilton's car speaks volumes.

They should have been way ahead by now with both championships sewn up and just the simple matter of which driver to choose deciding on Vettel for the WDC.

Brogan said:
The fact that they are only just leading the championship by a few points due to a driveshaft failure on Hamilton's car speaks volumes.

That Hamilton's only two problems have pitched him off, losing him 30 points, whereas Vettel picked up points on both his mechanical offs...

I think there are a few assumptions you can draw.

1) The 2010 RBR Challenger is a superior car in pace and qualifying performance to that of the 2009 Brawn.
2) The 2009 Brawn was superior to the 2010 RBR in reliability.
3) The reliability of the 2010 RBR is not poor enough to explain how they are not leading both championships. Especially now it appears the majority of problems have been ironed out.

In conclusion. In no way, shape, or form have the RBR drivers made the most out of the impressive machinery they have been gifted by Adrian Neway and his design team. It is quite possible that if RBR do not win the title the 2010 RBR car will go down as the best car never to have secured the title.

MajorDanby said:
It is quite possible that if RBR do not win the title the 2010 RBR car will go down as the best car never to have secured the title

I would say that it is almost certain that the RB6 will go down as the best car never to win the title, if it doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom