Sato Back???

I hope not.
I never really rated Sato.

Surely there are other ex or test drivers available who could do a better job than Sato?

I agree with Brogan.

But then, there are a lot of voices calling for Anthony Davidson to make a comeback, and to be honest, I never thought he showed himself to be any better than Taku (except perhaps for avoiding incidents).

STR are going to be interested in anyone with a budget to bring to the table, which means bad news for Bourdais. I feel for Seb, but if I was in Gerhard Berger's position I'd probably do the same. Ultimately you have to be responsible and look after the longterm future of your team and staff - those engines don't come cheap.

If Mercedes do manage to shoe-horn Paul di Resta into a seat at Force India, I wonder whether this would make Sutil or Fisichella available?

Either one of those has to be better than Sato surely?

It would seem judging from this article: http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/a ... /view.html that STR are casting the net far and wide in their search for a replacement for Vettel.

I think for me Bourdais/Barachello would be the best all round option. Bourdais was showing signs of real improvement towards the end of the season and just needed a bit more luck while Rubens brings experience and consistancy to the job and if he was looking for another year in F1 he couldn't do much worse than moving to STR if Honda don't want him any more.

Wow!

"Team boss Franz Tost sounded out whether Juan Pablo Montoya, a winner of seven grands prix, might be interested in returning to formula one with Toro Rosso in 2009."

That would spice things up a bit :D

Brogan said:
Wow!

"Team boss Franz Tost sounded out whether Juan Pablo Montoya, a winner of seven grands prix, might be interested in returning to formula one with Toro Rosso in 2009."

That would spice things up a bit :D
Oh please no. Although montoya showed some promise, he obviously prefers being a red-neck and has the attitude and mannerisms to suit.

Back
Top Bottom