Attention Rules & Guidelines

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
All,

One of the things that is often said about the site is how refreshing it is not to encounter the silly bickering, insults, name calling and general low quality of interaction that can be found on so many other sites.

Until now we have been fairly relaxed about the rules as there hasn't really been a need to enforce them, instead just giving friendly reminders here and there. In that respect, we are at fault for not doing our job properly so we accept the blame for that.

However, in recent weeks the site membership has grown at a significant rate and we now have more members than ever getting involved in the forum, chat, etc.
Our member base is very diverse and from all over the world and what you may find amusing could be seen as insulting to someone else.
If in doubt just put yourselves in their shoes.

That being the case, we are determined to keep the discussion at the same high level that the site has become known for and, presumably, the reason why people prefer it over other sites.

Everyone is welcome here, no matter where they are from or who they do or don't support and we will do everything we can to avoid alienating any particular group or fanbase.

Can we therefore ask everyone to read the site Rules & Guidelines and please think before posting.

We understand that some people have their favourites and similarly there are teams and drivers who people don't like. Most of the time it's not what is said but how it is said. You can still get your point across without resorting to name calling or insults so we're asking everyone to please bear this in mind.

With regards to swearing, the site is open to minors so a good rule of thumb is to imagine a young child reading what you have written.

We have already lost a few members due to comments that were made in the forum in the past so let's try to not lose any more.
The site is barely 2 years old so we need to encourage, not discourage new members.

There may be a period of adjustment as everyone gets used to the new way of doing things.
The moderating team are all new at this so bear with them as they find their feet.
Their remit is clear however; any posts in breach of the rules are to be dealt with under the standard procedures.
There is no favouritism with regards to this, everyone is treated equally, so please don't take it personally if something you post is subject to moderation and remember the moderators are just doing their job.

If you disagree with a moderating decision that has been taken, please contact a moderator directly and do not discuss it on the thread.

Thank you.

Hear hear, what ho. Chaps I do say, what what, good Lord, heavens above, tantamount to the most vulgar of linguistic expressions, avoid it like the plague, what ho. Brogan's advice, what charm! Hear it and listen well young fellows! :moustache:

Yeah basically CTA is a mature forum for the large part, it's why I love it, while we all love a bit of cheek regarding some figures in the sport or each other, don't lets descend into a 6-0-6ine beast of dripping decay.

There's no point in criticising a driver/team/person by calling them names anyway. It just makes you look stupid and immature. If you want to have a bash at a driver, create a thread to discuss why you don't think that driver is good, or why he's overrated, etc, and explain your reasons behind it so we can have a good discussion over it.

Tea, anyone? :tea:

Understood Bro, I'll do my best to restrict myself to scathing irony!! :snigger:

Popularity brings it's own trials. You, c_a_t and FJ are doing sterling work and I will try not to add to your burden.

I concur with what's been said... There's no better way of getting your point of view across, than by not descending into insulting name calling and such like. :)

jenov2003 said:
Understood Bro, I'll do my best to restrict myself to scathing irony!! :snigger:

Popularity brings it's own trials. You, c_a_t and FJ are doing sterling work and I will try not to add to your burden.

And don't forget FB. After all, "treat all Mods equally!" :D

McZiderRed said:
I concur with what's been said... There's no better way of getting your point of view across, than by not descending into insulting name calling and such like. :)

jenov2003 said:

And don't forget FB. After all, "treat all Mods equally!" :D

FB - when did he become a mod? Well done FB on your elevation! 8-).

I need to keep up

A lot riding shotgun now! Bloody hell!

Well said, and good reminder - we should all remember that not only do we enjoy the banter we seem to find easy going on this forum, but also that we like out moderator's to have the time and inclination to join in! Long may it continue!

Well said, and I for one will endeavour to do my bit. :thumbsup:

After all, I came here after getting sick of the endless name-calling , insults and bigotry to be found on another well-known motorsports forum. :givemestrength:

Brogan said:
There may be a period of adjustment as everyone gets used to the new way of doing things.
The moderating team are all new at this so bear with them as they find their feet.
Their remit is clear however; any posts in breach of the rules are to be dealt with under the standard procedures.
There is no favouritism with regards to this, everyone is treated equally.

If you disagree with a moderating decision that has been taken, please contact a moderator directly and do not discuss it on the thread.

Thank you.

Sounds like a 'Copy, Paste & Edit" straight from the pages of the FIA rule book! :D

Boyle99 said:
Sounds like a 'Copy, Paste & Edit" straight from the pages of the FIA rule book! :D
It's from the CTA rule book :D

Seriously, thanks for understanding everyone.
Our only aim is to make it as pleasant an environment as possible for everyone, no matter their location, allegiance, age or anything else.

Brogan said:
here may be a period of adjustment as everyone gets used to the new way of doing things.
There is no favouritism with regards to this, everyone is treated equally.

Its good to see you running a tight ship Brogan, and not taking the lead from the RedBull and Ferrari shenanigans this year :D

teabagyokel said:
I apologise for everything. I am pretty sure that this was all my fault in some way.
You're feeling guilty teabag? In that case I'll join you. Clear consistent moderation is essential, and the moderation team must be applauded for doing their best for making it clear.

I repeat: such clarity is essential to the credibility of any forum, especially one such as this; which aims to be of the highest quality.

The rules have been tweaked slightly so please take a minute or two to read through them again.

Obviously the rules will evolve over time until they encompass everything that needs to be covered, so each time there is a change I will update this thread.

I posted this in the Hamilton thread but I will also post it here.

There has been far too much trolling going on recently; this can take the form of baiting, provoking and numerous other tactics, which do nothing to add to the discussion and just result in personal attacks and bickering between members.
The knock on effect is other members avoid those threads, which results in less reasoned discussion and just leaves the usual suspects arguing back and forth amongst themselves.

As a result, rule 1 of the site rules and guidelines has been updated.

Messages with the sole intention to inflame and cause discord, otherwise known as trolling, may be subject to moderation and/or removal. Action may be taken against those who continuously troll threads.

There is of course the catch all posted further down the page:

Any member breaking these rules may find their messages being edited or removed. Additionally they may be issued with warnings and have restrictions placed on their account. Persistent or extreme offenders may also be subject to bans, either temporary or permanent, although this would be a last resort and one which we would hope to avoid whenever possible.

But rule 1 has been specifically updated as that seems to be becoming quite prevalent of late.

Obviously formal action against members is a last resort so we would hope that members are able to moderate themselves simply by abiding by the rules.

http://cliptheapex.com/help/rules-and-guidelines

Back
Top Bottom