Rossi to Ferrari?

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
This rumour has been going around for quite a few years but Gazetta dello Sport is reporting Rossi will make "a decision in June" about his future. Rossi put in some decent times in the '08 car, matching Raikkonen's pole time set on grooved tyres in 2008, but was 1.4 seconds slower than Massa on the same tyres at the test.

http://english.gazzetta.it/Motor_sp...in-ferrari-a-decision-june-602735503890.shtml

It appears Rossi has the opportunity to go to Ducati in 2011, presumably he could stay with Yamaha or the Gazetta article suggest if Ferrari are allowed to run a third car in 2011 it would open the door to Rossi. The third car option, of course, requires FOTA (and I would assume FIA/FOM) approval.

It will be interesting to see how 2010 goes. Will Alonso fit in at Ferrari? Will Massa have fully recovered from his injuries to be the driver he was in 2008? Is Rossi a serious choice for Ferrari and would he be up to it?

Am I the only one who finds this a stretch too far?
It just seems like some sort of publicity scheme for Rossi and Ferrari.

If Rossi getting a Ferrari drive is dependant on a 3rd car then it's never going to happen.

Yes but what I want to know is what time did Felipe Massa set on day three of the Barcelona test? The Doctor set a best of 1m21.900s and there seems to be no record of Felipe's times anywhere... were they really that bad that Ferrari are desperate to suppress them?... :s

The third car is definately not going to happen particularly since the FIA and Bernie have gone to such lengths to fill the grid with new teams just to fend off such a possibility.

I think thats just his dad making rumors, i doubt he will go to Ferrari, particularly if there is just 2 cars.

OK, so Damon Hill made a successful transference. Seriously though, he was what 31 when he came into F1? In like 1991? And had been racing in Formula Three since the mid eighties. He had at least some (recent) significant single seater experience. What Rossi could hope to achieve is beyond me.
Its all a big pipe dream I'm afraid.

And the risk is, he does a 'Schumacher' like this year, and some people will remember him as an F1 faliure over the MotoGP championships.

Valentino. Is. Faster. Than. You. LOL

No, Ferrari have a fine line-up, and Rossi should just leave it. They'd be better off poaching Kubica.

I get the feeling the Phillip Morris company could be the ones pushing this more than Ferrari. It's also a nice bit of free publicity for the Ducati team as F1 is a bigger sport than Moto GP (ducks for cover).

FB said:
I get the feeling the Phillip Morris company could be the ones pushing this more than Ferrari. It's also a nice bit of free publicity for the Ducati team as F1 is a bigger sport than Moto GP (ducks for cover).

Yeah I think | ||| |||| || could have something to do with the whole thing; advertisers do seem to have something to do with everything.

It is irrelevant the size of BikeGP and CarGP since publicity is publicity is publicity. However, Rossi couldn't demand the #46 from F1, 'for sure'.[/font]

Back
Top Bottom