Current Robert Kubica

He's fast, Polish and a bloody brilliant racer. To me Kubica is a special talent and has been very unlucky to not find himself in a top team yet.

The thing i like about Kubica is that he's a trier and never gives in say if he was third and had a sniff of second he'd go and chase the second place man down. He's a much toned down version of Lewis Hamilton IMHO he's great at overtaking (Austrailla 2009) exception and if he was in a better car i think he'd a won more races than the current 1 he stands at.

Kubica made his F1 debut at the Hungrian GP in 2006 replacing the injuried Jacque Villeneuve for BMW Sauber. He'd outqualified teammate Nick Heidfeld at the time and finished the race in 7th place only to be DSQ for been under weight. Since Kubica's first and only Pole Position came at the 2008 Bahrain GP, that same season he'd broke his winning duck and won his current and only race in Canada. Kubica has stood on the podium 12 times and in his 76 race he's scored a total of 273 points.

Sad news broke eariler in the year (2011) that Kubica had been involved in a Rally competition and crashed, his life was said to be in the balance, but he's slowly recovering from nasty injuries he substaned in the accident. It remains to be seen whether Kubica will return to motor-racing. But for me Kubica is a talented driver and if we do see him back on the grid i'd be over the moon.

Whether you like him or not Kubica is a cool guy and one that i'd like to see become Champion if he return's to the sport.

How do you rate Kubica?

Well Izumi if it’s so important to you tell us where you are from.
Substance and tone of that question already put me on guard. Walk slowly, and look where you place your feet. That's good enough for the forum. You do not need biography. Lifelong experience working with foreign cultures will do the trick. Again, I am not sure why, but I do too much loud ranting this morning. Ask me instead what I think of Brexit to spruce up the mood.

In Radical F1's defense, he is fairly new here and it does take time to feel like 'one of the gang' so to speak. I have said directly to him that I feel he's taken things a little too personally, but sometimes that is just how it can feel I guess.

As has been said before anywhere that you don't know the people that well and all you have is the written word to go by, you can't always judge how people mean things. You can type a perfectly innocent or what you feel is an amusing post and other people can take it in a bad way. They don't see the twinkle in the eye or the smile as you type it and depending on their mood it can feel like an attack.

Recently I had that with Andyoak. He, bless him, made a perfectly reasonable comment about me which I didn't take well because I wasn't sure how he meant it, (I have apologised to him for it) but it happens. In actual fact he meant it as a compliment, but I didn't initially take it that way. If you don't fully get the intent behind the words, it can sometimes be very difficult.

That's my two penneth anyway.

Just to say in follow up to Kubica's crash into the wall at turn 8 yesterday.. someone was suggesting Williams should replace him soon as he will be found out at Monaco where there are many slow corners and close barriers

Yet when Le Clerc did the the same thing .. there was not the same reaction that he should be dropped more of the fact that potentially Ferrari have got ammunition to say that Vettel should be No 1

Just to say in follow up to Kubica's crash into the wall at turn 8 yesterday.. someone was suggesting Williams should replace him soon as he will be found out at Monaco where there are many slow corners and close barriers

Yet when Le Clerc did the the same thing .. there was not the same reaction that he should be dropped more of the fact that potentially Ferrari have got ammunition to say that Vettel should be No 1
Sebastian experienced close call on the same spot, which he narrowly avoided. (Wrong choice of tires for qualifications, so it seems, suggested Rosberg.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom