Current Robert Kubica

He's fast, Polish and a bloody brilliant racer. To me Kubica is a special talent and has been very unlucky to not find himself in a top team yet.

The thing i like about Kubica is that he's a trier and never gives in say if he was third and had a sniff of second he'd go and chase the second place man down. He's a much toned down version of Lewis Hamilton IMHO he's great at overtaking (Austrailla 2009) exception and if he was in a better car i think he'd a won more races than the current 1 he stands at.

Kubica made his F1 debut at the Hungrian GP in 2006 replacing the injuried Jacque Villeneuve for BMW Sauber. He'd outqualified teammate Nick Heidfeld at the time and finished the race in 7th place only to be DSQ for been under weight. Since Kubica's first and only Pole Position came at the 2008 Bahrain GP, that same season he'd broke his winning duck and won his current and only race in Canada. Kubica has stood on the podium 12 times and in his 76 race he's scored a total of 273 points.

Sad news broke eariler in the year (2011) that Kubica had been involved in a Rally competition and crashed, his life was said to be in the balance, but he's slowly recovering from nasty injuries he substaned in the accident. It remains to be seen whether Kubica will return to motor-racing. But for me Kubica is a talented driver and if we do see him back on the grid i'd be over the moon.

Whether you like him or not Kubica is a cool guy and one that i'd like to see become Champion if he return's to the sport.

How do you rate Kubica?

Izumi, I didn't say he can fix the car, he is there to be a test driver, whether it is fundamentally flawed who knows, I am neither a F1 designer or a Williams employee, he is there to report what it doesn't do and hopefully why, when one has a really bad car the only way to change direction is to test drive in a race due to no testing.
Regarding Button, he was a lot less antagonistic than Alonso and having a part Japanese wife/fiance he may have been able to impart information to the engineers rather than it doesn't work, as someone the Japanese liked they may have listened , however Button was never a Ron Dennis favourite driver no matter how good he was and beat Ron's favourite driver Lewis, if he equalled Alonso after he was welcomed back that definitely wasn't on and he wasn't going to be given the chance
OK.
:cheers:

Stories are popping up that Stroll 2 will buy/invest in/whatever/ Williams, so who knows how this ends.

Last edited:
you make a good point. it could go pearshaped i remember hearing something cant remember if it was testing or a podcast. but someone made great point. kubica up til now its a brilliant feel good point & we are proud that he has got back to F1 which seemed impossible. but once qualifying starts that ends & he becomes just 1 of 20 drivers & if russell outqualifies him by 1/2second the sympathy will vanish

can I take this as prediction as correct now

but as I saying above I think he is struggling with Pirelli tyres, can forget he spent all his career on bridgestone tyres & he had 3 races. he taking on other drivers & his teammate who has had multiple seasons of expierence of how to switch them on how get them to last

Maybe but these pirells are a special breed. nothing like anything get too close thermal degradation. lean too hard in corners tyres go off quicker. we are judging him in on 3 races & hamilton vettel have 7 years on him. even his teammate has had F2 expierence

Radical F1 This discussion and arguments pro and con of decision to slot Kubica into this year lineup makes intellectual hardening of my arteries acute, and any of my attempts to rise above turns into hopeless failure. I just don't get substance of Williams's decision process.
It's Claire's PMS decision :bawl:

You're all pointing fingers at the wrong person. Kubica is trying to prove that he can still drive an F1 car which is the pinnacle of motorsport after his dreadful accident. This is a testimony his courage that he never gave up.. unfortunately he has probably lost about at least a second a lap having gone from being the fastest driver on the grid ( certainly on pure speed close to Hamilton) to probably the slowest driver on the grid.

You should be raising the questions at Claire Williams ... they've been hiring drivers who have a few bob but probably not able to push the team forward which is what they need. This is a sign of poor leadership

Unfortunately Kubica happens to be one of two recipients - the other being George Russell of poor decision making by the Williams hierarchy that have pushed Williams to the back end of the grid . To the point that neither can show their true abilities

vintly I DO NOT WORSHIP ANYBODY other than GOD !
Kubica is NOT GOD - That's BLASPHEMY !
To paraphrase mayor Buttigieg, Kubica is a subject of Lord's creation, and if we don't like it, take it then with the guy upstairs (in the front office, so to speak). 8-)

But, I share your sentiment.

Radical F1 Yes but Kubica did not a point a gun to Claire Williams head to demand the drive . The final decision is down to Williams. If you were offered a chance to drive an F1 car how many people would say no. In Kubica's case he just wants to be back in F1.. the only people who would not drive for Williams are those who believe they deserve better cars to gain recognition and success. You're telling me there are not better drivers than Kubica out there to choose from like Esteban Ocon for instance.

The decision to hire Kubica was also financially motivated because all the money they;ve lost with Stroll going to Racing Point, Martini withdrawing their sponsorship and ultimately finishing lower down the constructors

Williams have ended in a downward spiral and I still maintain they should not have jumped to bed with the Strolls

Last edited:
Il_leone As I kept pointing out Kubica wants to be back driving in F1 thus he needs to be sure he can.
All I see right now is that he is losing in all aspects to his rookie team mate.

The only reason why Claire looks like she made a mistake in choosing Kubica (Or giving him his dream to get back in F1) is that Kubica is not prepared or not on parr to drive - And could NOT deliver.
Spinning during formation lap? Gimme a break.

He is NOT fit to dive an F1 car , should not have tried coming back in the first place and should retire - IS MY POINT ! got it? If he keeps going on like this sooner than later he will AGAIN hurt himself.
I bet my butt he will be again DEAD last and lose to the rookie this weekend.

Last edited:
But he is great and beat his even more experienced team mates.
Soon as Kubica beat his ROOKIE team mate, you all can open this dialogue once more.
For now as it stands Kubica ain't cutting it.:whistle:

Back
Top Bottom