Red Neck Day at York Raceway

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this but I'm sure Brogan will relocate it if inapproriate.

Thought I would share some highlights of my day at York Raceway. So, after packing my wife Darleen and the kids, Billy-Bob and Cletus, into the RV we set off to see some Hill Billy racing. The delights included a wheelieing Beetle, a whole variety of American hardware, a very strange Capri and a jet powered dragster which ran the standing quarter in just of 6 seconds, topping out at 215MPH at the end of the strip.

YEE HAW!

Video of jet dragster to follow shortly...

Attachments

• Bug.jpg
    Bug.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 233
  • capri.jpg
    capri.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 224
  • plymouth.jpg
    plymouth.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 236
For the briefest of moments, in the first image I though the guy was on the bonnet of the VW ROFL

Looking forward to the vid :thumbsup:

One very silly racing car.

This is pretty much the same sort of machine Richard Hammond nearly did for himself in a few years ago. It is called Split Second and has a Roll Royce Viper engine which produces equivalent to 10,000BHP (which is why I lost it on the video for a few moments!). You will notice how close to the car and track everyone is, Health & Safety seems to have gone missing at Red Neck Racing!

Fat Bloke said:
It is called Split Second and has a Roll Royce Viper engine which produces equivalent to 10,000BHP (which is why I lost it on the video for a few moments!).
And it still didn't beat White Van Man away from the line ROFL

Thanks AMD - by the way, anyone notice the man with the fire extinguisher standing next to the jet car? Mad-man LOL

Fat Bloke said:
Thanks AMD - by the way, anyone notice the man with the fire extinguisher standing next to the jet car? Mad-man LOL
Yeah, I had a little chuckle at that.
I was thinking, yes, if it blows that 50L fire extinguisher is going to be really handy...

Back
Top Bottom