Ready to take on the best?

gribbli

Points Scorer
Valued Member
There was another recent article about the Real Time Race and iOpener Media systems on New Scientist recently: Innovation: A real live Grand Prix in your living room

For those who have no idea what I'm on about, both Real Time Race and iOpener Media are companies that are currently developing real time systems for overlaying simulations on top of live races.

So for example in future you could be playing your favorite F1 sim at home on your XBOX/PS3, but rather than racing a load of AI opponents, you would be racing against F1 drivers in real time.

The systems have been tested in Nascar and WTCC respectively so they are not far off the final product and I believe the RTR company are currently in talks with the FIA. Also, I think both companies are looking to sell the tech as a software plugin, so potentially the feature could be available across the board game wise.

Here's an example of the iOpener system running (camera a bit wobbly in the real car):

I always knew that I was faster than the best that F1 have to offer Gribb! Now at last, with these innovations, I may finally be able to prove it to the world!! Mwhahahah! :D

MajorDanby said:
I always knew that I was faster than the best that F1 have to offer Gribb! Now at last, with these innovations, I may finally be able to prove it to the world!! Mwhahahah! :D

Take a deep breath and count to ten.

MajorDanby said:

Would this be your side kick by any chance?
mutley.jpg

:snigger:

Back
Top Bottom