[Rant] I've now decided I hate DRS

Surprised it was enabled when the cars where on intermediates, that's not happened before has it?

I still don't like it, doubt I will ever will, but unfortunately will just have to get used to it.

You and me both, on both counts.

Surprised it was enabled when the cars where on intermediates, that's not happened before has it?

I still don't like it, doubt I will ever will, but unfortunately will just have to get used to it.
As you know mate, I like DRS but I would never expect you to be swayed by my ramblings. I did however come across this in the new issue of F1 Racing from your man Herr Schumacher.

to me its an absolute plus to Formula 1

Page 76. There's a bit more where he explains how DRS made his battle with Lewis at Monza last year exciting,

without DRS there wouldn't be anything - just two cars driving behind each other. It would be a procession. DRS does make for special excitement

I thought the DRS zone at Sepang was much too long, though the nature of the race perhaps obscured this.
Too right. For some strange reason I still think any DRS zone is too long. I just have this thing against Race Control having the ability to dictate the activation and use of a device on track. If it's a tool for the driver to use then the driver should have unrestricted access to use as he so pleases. I'm not a great fan of KERS, ERS it is now known, but at least it is up to the driver to deploy it when he choses to. The only constriction on that is the recharge time but it is still up to the driver how to use it whilst it's available.

Back
Top Bottom