Raikkonen to Renault for 2011

cosicave said:
The thing is that F1 requires more of a driver than simple ability. - It requires that ability to be shown on at least 85% of occasions. Kimi could not live up to that and never will.

I agree, if all you only show your ability 85% of the time you will never win a championship......Oh wait a minute....never mind.....:)

I guess Massa wishes he was as inconsistant as Kimi......

To win a championship you need raw talent......something Kimi has in spades!

JamesHunt said:
cosicave said:
The thing is that F1 requires more of a driver than simple ability. - It requires that ability to be shown on at least 85% of occasions. Kimi could not live up to that and never will.
I agree, if all you only show your ability 85% of the time you will never win a championship......Oh wait a minute....never mind.....:)
I guess Massa wishes he was as inconsistant as Kimi......
To win a championship you need raw talent......something Kimi has in spades!

Well, this is the great thing about fora isn't it? - My belief is that Kimi did not exceed that 85% commitment, even when he was handed his Championship by McLaren's ineptitude and an over-enthusiastic driver. And that is the very reason I believe he was fortunate to ever be crowned World Champion.

I've never doubted his pure speed. But similarly, I have never seen him as 'the complete Grand Prix driver'. - Only 85% of it, in fact…

I have to say I'm not one of Kimi's biggest fans. On his day he could be devastatingly quick, but it was so inconsistent. TBH I'd rather see a younger driver like Sutil given a chance at Renault, the team seem to have turned a corner from the old Flavio and Alonso days (which in my mind is a very good thing). Kubica seems to have breathed new life into the team and I hope they can keep moving forwards.

Jeez........I cannot, cannot! understand how people can criticize a Formula One World Champion so much.

I can understand why people don't like him. Even the most popular people on the planet have others that dislike them.

but a lack of talent? having something missing from his repertoire? Kimi seems to get more beef then Villenurve jr. and lets face it apart from two seasons JV spent most of his career under-achieving.

Lets not forget if it wasn't for Merc engines spontaneously combusting Kimi could of been a two maybe three time WC.

So he got humbled a little by that notoriously average driver Felipe Massa. Give the guy a bit of credit.

Personally I hope he comes back when Kimi's at his best he is an incredible guy to watch and is just a plain racer. Don't think it will happen though to be honest. He left F1 for a reason and i think theres nothing that he wants that will make him comeback.

Back
Top Bottom