Portuguese GP out of 10

Race out of 10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5 - its wasnt a stinker (thats next week in spain) wasnt a classic like the 1st 2 races. it had its interesting points but it peted out towards the end

Lewis was like we seen him many times brilliant if unspectacular.

Last edited:
My formal response to this race.

fddd1184-e7a3-487f-a834-7883cceca52e.JPG

1. Hamilton essentially humiliated Bottas.
  2. Perez had quite an anonymous race after he passed Norris
  3. Ricciardo couldn’t get his tyres working this weekend. (I wonder if McLaren are just light on how they use their tyres)
  4. Raikkonen and Vettel were once again pointless
  5. Alonso was beaten by his teammate.
  6. Verstappen is a very special driver
  7. Norris is a very special driver.
  8. Sainz had a shocker - the Ferrari seems much harder on the tyres than the McLaren - less downforce?

Yup a 5.…

Drivers that need to or should have retired, Alonso, Kimi and Vettel, seriously old dudes, you're not going to win a championship and you're blocking a seat.

i liked it, on C4. I like lumpy tracks and i like that all of @The Artist.....’s points could be pasted after every race.

Yup a 5.…

Drivers that need to or should have retired, Alonso, Kimi and Vettel, seriously old dudes, you're not going to win a championship and you're blocking a seat.
Kimi yes only reason Ferrari pay his salary and Giovinazzi has not sent him packing
Vettel - still no points and got beaten by Stroll again which is not good

Alonso - his last stint was impressive and he got points so it looks he is getting up.to speed

5, we are now back to the Mercedes era.

Verstappen was in the slip stream of Bottas who was only slightly slower on the straights; Verstappen would have needed a straight longer than the lap length to get past.

Perez was unfortunate in that he was on mediums which were clearly not as fast as the softs in the early laps.

Alonso had a terrible qualifying but picked up 5 places on his team mate who has frequently had praise for his driving. He needs to get up to speed on qualifying.

The Ferraris need more top speed as well and need to handle their tyres better.

There are clearly four levels of car : the Mercedes, the Red Bulls, the midfield and then the bottom four.

5, we are now back to the Mercedes era.

Verstappen was in the slip stream of Bottas who was only slightly slower on the straights; Verstappen would have needed a straight longer than the lap length to get past.

Perez was unfortunate in that he was on mediums which were clearly not as fast as the softs in the early laps.

Alonso had a terrible qualifying but picked up 5 places on his team mate who has frequently had praise for his driving. He needs to get up to speed on qualifying.

The Ferraris need more top speed as well and need to handle their tyres better.

There are clearly four levels of car : the Mercedes, the Red Bulls, the midfield and then the bottom four.
4 levels:
1) Mercedes and Red Bull
2) McLaren, Alpine and Ferrari
3) Alfa, Alpha, Aston
4) Williams and Haas

Correction Vettel let Stroll pass to have a go at Govinazzi before getting the place back but Vettel ended up near Stroll considering where they started shows the car is not great and he is still struggling

I will add that Russell and Williams pace was clearly flattered by some of the quicker cars losing grip and time in Q1..so Williams are not making huge strides still

And combat for fastest lap

There were three drivers who were sufficient far ahead of the fifth car that they could have a pit stop with time to change tyres.

The fifth car was 51 seconds behind the winner, the 7th car was over 1 minute behind.

Back
Top Bottom