Penalties

Mephistopheles

Banned
Contributor
As there seems to be a lot of discussion and disagreement with penalties amongst members.

Would it be worthwhile setting up a thread that was in the form of a database of all past and present penalties that have been given to drivers and teams and the circumstances under which they were given for reference purposes only? Much like the overtaking thread is.

The thread could then be used as a reference point to either prove or disprove a bone of contention or at the very least give people a reference point from which to establish a comparison instead of saying things that may or may not be correct.

If anyone thinks this may be a good idea then maybe Brogan could set up a poll to get an idea of whether people want it or not..

I have a list of all the known* penalties applied since the first race in 1950.

I may have even posted it before.

*I expect there are more than a few missing but definitive data is hard to find.

I was thinking that that list could be categorized into circumstances and level of punishment also into teams, drivers technical, sporting and racing and then comparison drawn to see if one driver or team attracts more penalties than others and whether teams or drivers are penalized heavier than others.

I feel this may lay some long running arguments to rest one way or another...

I will wait until more people comment on it before adding a pole and it could only be done with Brogan's consent as these things can take a lot of work and someone would have to keep it updated....

I will wait until more people comment on it before adding a pole and it would have to be with Brogan's consent as these things can take a lot of work and someone would have to keep it updated....
No consent required chap.

Anyone is free to start that thread if they wish :)

You can upload a protected Excel spreadsheet.

Or you can use a Google acount and provide view only access.

This is the only format I have it in at the moment.
You would need to expand it to include teams, etc.

penalties.png

I stopped updating it a few years ago (when we pulled the old database) so it would need a bit of work to add the last few years.

I would need to update it to include the latest seasons and also to amalgamate some other relevant data - it's currently split between about 25 different spreadsheets which each represent a separate database table.

I'll get started on it some time this week.

Back
Top Bottom