Pedro de la Rosa to Sauber

On the face of it, a strange choice.

He's basically McLaren's equivalent of Luca Badoer so are we going to see a similar performance?

Brogan said:
On the face of it, a strange choice.

He's basically McLaren's equivalent of Luca Badoer so are we going to see a similar performance?

I don't think he's ever performed as badly as Badoer when it came to racing. Didn't he fill in for Montoya after his "injury" a few seasons ago?

So I doubt Pedro will be in the Mclaren on week one day one of the new test season. Wouldn't be very clever of Mclaren to let a driver who is about to nip off to a rival team have a full day testing their new 2010 car would it?

I suppose they hope he brings some information from McLaren. Anyone been in Prontoprint in Woking recently :snigger:

More serioulsy, I'm struggling with thsi as well. de la Rosa has hardly set the world alight in the past what makes Peter Sauber think he will have changed? His Wiki entry is quite interesting though; apart from his 29 points from 72 races it says he started his "racing" career with 1/8th scale models and won the European off road championship in '83 and '84. What a very strange place to start

This is just a guess but I maybe he has the usual passport to an F1 drive. It's something that's kept many a better driver out of the sport and many a poorer driver in. Money.

Can't really see any other reason.

I seem to remember him doing rather well when he filled in for Montoya way back when...also the guy has been a test driver, delivering tens of thousands of miles in what was usually a very competitive car for years and years. You can't sign a confidentiality clause for what's in someone's head. It doesn't strike me as a poor or shocking signing by Sauber.

Back
Top Bottom