Partial eclipse of the sun could take place behind clouds.

Remember Ison, the "comet Of The Century" which turned into the wet fart of the year, obliterated by the sun before it even got near it?

there'd be some justification in saying the sun's just like the police isn't it? Never there when you need them, always there when you don't want them. ;)

I've just shared that post to Facebook and tagged her :D

upload_2015-3-20_12-53-49.png

Started well Incubus with blue sky and an occasional cloud. The got increasingly cloudy. I never saw the moon leave the suns disk as the cloud was so thick.

Still really pleased. That was my 4th attempt at seeing an eclipse and was easily the best view yet.

Total failure down here in Hampshire. Blanket cloud cover and it was just a little bit dimmer for a few minutes. No different to the amount of light you get on a typically dank early spring day actually. Underwhelmed probably covers it.

I did appreciate the total eclipse we had back in 1999 was it? Mid afternoon and it was very dark, very quiet and everything seemed to stop for a bit. Eerie!

Absolutely no chance of seeing it where I was. I drove about 30 miles north a shortwhile later and it was a clear blue sky. Same story as 99 for me. The wife has suggested I take her to Australia to witness one next year.

Great view in the Midlands, the whole of our department was out with various incarnations of pinhole cameras. We had lots of fun for half an hour with very slight cloud.
Does the sun shine on the righteous? Nah, we're not that good!
Not as spectacular as 1999 but worth missing a bit of work for.

I didn't get to see it! Due to a lack of special glasses and my science teacher's husband going partially blind from looking at the last eclipse unprotected we only got a lovely view of everyone else going out to see it! I did manage to borrow someone else's and saw a bit of it, still pretty cool though, I'll be back in 2026!

Back
Top Bottom